1.14 | Unhealthy Habits + Wishful Thinking

Start from the beginning

Lucky for him, our food arrived. It was quick but as I mentioned, there's barely anyone here. Thus, quicker service. "Shut up and eat."

I teased, "Now who is being mean?" I salivated at the sight of loaded nachos. I hadn't had them in some time.

Quietly, we ate until he asked pointing towards his enchilada. "Want to try this?"

I shook my head politely, "I'm good, thanks."

He rolled his eyes and forwarded the spoon in my direction, "Polite doesn't suit you, sweet pea."

I eyed the spoon he was holding out in front of me, a bit startled at how openly he was behaving without any guards.

He insisted, "Come on, open up. I promise it tastes yummy."

Okay, words like yummy should not come out of his mouth. It... does something, like strange butterfly effect at the pit of my stomach. To cover up, I lifted my hand to take the spoon but he pulled it back, "Just open your mouth."

I pretended I didn't like his ordering by rolling my eyes even as I allowed him to feed me the morsel. Well... it is yummy. A little spicy, but I liked it.

He grinned, "It's good, isn't it? I bet it's better than your nachos."

After I swallowed, I lifted my plate and switched it with his.

His mouth dropped, "Hey, you can't be stealing my food!"

I replied with a smirk, "You did say just now that polite doesn't suit me." I held out my hand, "Now c'mon, hand over that spoon."

He wouldn't, "Get your own."

I see. He was being difficult thinking it would get me to return his enchilada. He was terribly mistaken. I got up and grabbed a plastic spoon for the empty table beside us.

"Unfair," he grumbled as he placed his spoon on the plate of nachos.

I grinned, "Shouldn't have insisted I try this then. Let it be a lesson."

I was about to dig in when he commented, dropping all his cribbing, "If it gets you to eat, then it's a lesson I won't be learning for a long time."

Arnav flipping Raizada. Sneaky little...! Well played. He got me to eat this large enchilada compared to the small plate of nachos I'd ordered.

I blinked away from his gaze having no retort. How could I snap at him with anything? He'd left me speechless.

He smiled back and nodded towards the plate, asking me to eat while he finished the little bit of my nachos that were left.

When he was done, I pushed the plate of enchilada to the center of the table. He had to be hungry. That plate of nachos might have been enough to fill a tiny person like me but definitely not him.

He shook his head, "Nuh-uh. You are finishing that."

I informed, "I'll try but I am sure I can't finish this whole thing."

"You haven't eaten anything today. Sure you can." He insisted otherwise.

Calmly, I pointed out, "Arnav, I've been eating little for some time now. I'm not going to magically be able to eat the entire course meal by myself."

He seemed to understand that appetite doesn't come back in full swing within a day. He picked up his previous spoon and helped finish it though I did notice that he was taking lesser, smaller bites than me to make sure I would eat enough. With 1/4th left, I put my spoon down shaking my head to convey I was full and couldn't eat more.