How to Feel Guilty

Start from the beginning

"When we thought you died, everyone was pointing fingers at everyone." Jared begins. "Nobody has really died since the fire, other than Rufio while you were gone. It was a bit odd, especially since you're the girl."

"Capital G girl." Devin adds.

"Alex blamed Gregory, Harry blamed himself, Gregory blamed you," Jared continues.

"Eventually, Harry began to blame the Natives." Devin continues. "As he should, I mean, they are the ones who theoretically killed you."

"Alex didn't blame the Natives. He began to blame you for running into the line of fire." Jared elaborates. "So Harry blamed Alex for getting you wrapped up in all of this, and push came to shove and Alex is a traitor for the Natives now."

A traitor? What's that supposed to mean?

"He's probably getting back together with Inali." Devin snorts.

"Inali is dating Walela." I purse my lips as the words escape my mouth.

Didn't Alex tell us he never had a thing with Inali? It's not out of character for him to lie; he never told anyone about Rufio. Still, Rufio was long dead and Inali is not.

"Sorry." Devin corrects me. "I forgot. He's consoling Inali while his loved one slowly dies. Then he'll make his move. I forgot how classy Alex is."

Whatever.

I get up. I need to sort this out. Alex and Harry can't be fighting. They're Alex and Harry. The lines between them as individuals and them as a unit are so blurred I often forget they are there.

Alex and Harry protect each other. They work together, and genuinely do care about their friends. Harry would die for anyone, while Alex would kill for anyone; but they'd both do the opposite for each other. Harry is kind and a liar where Alex is stone and honest. Harry is funny where Alex is serious. They've always balanced each other out.

Until they didn't. So many differences make for the perfect puzzle fitting together, until the shapes become too twisted.

They've been together for eight years or something. I can't help but feel a little twinge of responsibility for their sudden separation.

Harry is many things, forgiving is one of them. Alex is not. He has to make the first move for Harry to forgive him. And Harry has to forgive him.

I may have just walked out of the frying pan, but I'm walking back into the inferno. Fixing this is the least I can do, so I've got to get Alex out of the Native camp. I should at least tell Pan I'm going there. That way, if I disappear he won't try to start a war again. Like I've said, boys are idiots.

"I see you've let go of the book." Pan's voice rings out from behind me.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

"I found the ones I want." I turn around to face him.

He comes up close to me, until our bodies are pressed together. "That was fast."

I shrug. "It wasn't hard."

"Who exactly do you want?" He asks.

I recite the list. "Francesca from Canada, the Elizabeth who is a medic, Blaize, and the 17 year old Alison from the United States."

"Done." He smirks. "Obviously they won't be here immediately. Give it three days and it will all be sorted. They'll probably arrive one by one anyway."

Right. Sounds perfect. Four girls, all of whom are my weapons, one of whom is my secret weapon. I can't wait to see the look on Johnny's face when he finds Alison on his porch. I can't wait.

"Where's Johnny been?"

I haven't seen him since I "saw" him during the Fear Run.

He shrugs. "Nobody's seen him for days."

That's not good. Did I kill him?

"What about Max?"

If I killed him, I will start a war with those Natives. I don't care about the Fear Run, or anything else. If that boy is dead I will kill them in cold blood without a second's remorse. Max must stay alive at all costs. I'd rather each individual bone in my body crushed down until I am nothing but rubble on the ground, so long as he was alive.

"I don't know. He's been around. I don't have time to keep tabs on everyone." Pan shrugs his shoulders.

Thank the stars above.

"Alright." I smirk. "I'm headed off to the Natives camp, but I'll see you soon."

I try to step around him but he blocks me.

"What?" He asks, confused.

I shrug. "Alex is there, and he shouldn't be. So if you please."

"You're barking up the wrong tree." He warns me. "You don't know what you're getting yourself into there."

I shrug. Maybe I do.

"Calm down, it's not a big deal." I argue. "Trust me."

"They might kill you." He warns. "I won't stop them if they do."

I scoff. "Alright, sure. We'll see."

He looks at me, stern eyes. They are cold. A warning. Pan isn't one to prevent me from doing things, especially when they are reckless and dangerous.

"Give it a day." He tells me. "Sleep tonight, then go out and find them tomorrow. You haven't been back more than a few hours."

I can't really argue with that, given that it's been however long since I last saw Max. I might as well go find him.

"Just send me back to camp then." I sigh. "It's been too long of a day to walk."

He kisses me, but only for a second.

"Oh darling. The long days have yet to come."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh! My computer shut down s I couldn't post it I'm so sorry! I'm so frustrated, and it's not a long chapter either so I'm super cheesed.

Don't worry though, the season finale is coming up soon; and like always I would really appreciate song recommendations. I currently don't have any in mind so please list off all the ones you love and think would fit this story.

For now, listen to music, and I will see you Tuesday.