Nigerian delicacies.

Just because we've left Nigeria, it doesn't mean we would leave all those delicacies behind. How? How can you come to England and say you'll be eating only fish and chips, bangers and mash, shephered pie, roast dinner?

For why na?

And if you do, then I truly wonder how you cope o. For me, I still like my 'swallows' sha, once in a while. Nothing beats our mouth-watering dishes. Nothing!

I'm sure some of you who don't live in places where there are African shops around would know the struggle of travelling miles to buy foodstuff. 

My mum and I have to journey to the nearest African shop (which is about 11 miles from where we live), to buy all the necessities. The aim is to stock up the freezer, so you're not making the same journey any time soon.

And by necessities, you know what I mean;  meat, (shaki, cow leg, beef, roast turkey, chicken gizzard, fish), Ola Ola pounded yam (we've tried others, but this is still the best . . . although it's expensive), garri, Palm-oil, rice. Tesco and all these supermarkets do sell rice, but  not the 10 or 20kg bag. (4kg bag of rice from Tesco would not even last somebody for two weeks. Ahba!) Sometimes we buy those Agege bread too (which tastes heavenly, especially when it's soft and fresh). I'll choose it over Kingsmill or Hovis loaf anytime - no offense to them though hehehe.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy some of these things from the Tesco or Morrisons round the corner. I mean, you can buy chicken and meat, but it just doesn't taste the same. I don't know if it's just me, but the beef you buy in an African shop and the one you buy from Tesco, are very different. I don't even know if it comes from the same cow sef. I doubt it.

And then meat like shaki or kpomo or gizzard, you cannot find it in Tesco. Oyibo don't eat those one o.

Oh yes! And the Ultimate Indomie noodles. How did I forget that? Now that is certainly a necessity.