The Art of Courting- Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

“OMG, watch them go!” May gasped. Chelsea made a face when she spun around to see Dani practically licking and eating Jay's face. At least he seemed to be enjoying it.

“That's gross,” someone commented from behind Chelsea. She turned around to see a good-looking guy with warm brown eyes wrinkling his nose at her friend's display. He was on the shorter side, with a slight build and curly brown hair. What got Chelsea the most was the way his eyes (that were, unfortunately, hidden behind glasses) took in everything, so calculating and intelligent that she couldn't help but be in awe of them. This must be, as May would put it, someone with a 'kindred spirit' to her own.

“It's not gross,” the mentioned redhead said disapprovingly. “It's romantic.”

“Sometimes you worry me May,” Chelsea sighed. “I'm Chelsea.”

She held her hand out to the guy and he shook it gently. “Andy.”

“Nice to meet you.” By the time she looked back at the couple making out, they were making their way upstairs. Wow, they work fast.

“Is that your friend?” Andy questioned as he followed Chelsea back to the bar.

“Yeah.” She filled up a shot glass and downed it. “She's had a crush on that guy since forever."

“So she's just going to go and have sex with him when she's plastered?” His frowned in disapproval. “That's a bit stupid, isn't it?”

“Yes, ,” Chelsea agreed with a sigh. “I tried to talk her out of it.”

Her words slurred when she said this, a bright clue to how drunk she was.

“Her loss.” He sent her a small smile. “Do you want to dance?”

“Sure.” Chelsea felt an intoxicated grin spread across her face as he pulled her back to the dance floor. A fast-paced song with a lot of electrical squeals was playing and Andy began to twirl Chelsea along to the beat. She followed his movements clumsily, making him laugh.

“I believe you're quite drunk,” her partner observed. Chelsea let out a squeaky laugh.

“Maybe a little bit!” Her voice was too loud. Yep, the alcohol was taking it's effect. She was definitely not sober. “I'll probably go home in a little bit!”

“Okay,” Andy chuckled and twirled her around.

“Uh oh,” Chelsea whispered, feeling nausea kick in. “I think I'm going to be sick!”

And just like that she was out of Andy's arms and sprinting to the nearest bathroom. This was another reason why she didn't drink. For some reason, she always ended up with her head in a toilet after a couple of shots. Making it just in time, Chelsea fell to her knees in front of the toilet and puked her guts out.

Ugh... So gross...

Chelsea wasn't sure how long she stayed there throwing up. It had been at least twenty minutes, since all she was doing was dry-heaving every now and then, but it was probably longer. Thankfully, the more she puked the more sober she became. Right now she was a couple minutes away from calling her dad and getting him to pick her up.

With a soft sigh, Chelsea pushed herself up onto her feet and made her way to the sink. She washed out her mouth quickly and ran her fingers through her hair before heading out to find May. The redhead barreled into her as soon as she came into view.

“Oh my God, Chels, where were you! You missed all of it! It was so horrible, poor-”

“What are you talking about, May?” Chelsea butted in, yawning.