"The chosen one... how do I know if someone is the chosen one?" I asked.

It all made sense why mom was keen on me having a girlfriend. She had to make sure I was not gay, so I could produce an heir. Were they open to in-vitro fertilization?

"Well, symptoms vary really. There is something you will feel in the presence of the chosen one. I cannot tell you what it is because I have never experienced it. Your mot...Emily told me something was interfering with your powers. You might have met the chosen one already. Do not worry, when the time is right, you will know", Miguel said.

"So, I cannot have a relationship with anyone other than the chosen one?" I asked.

"You could, but it has to be a darkener. Your father is the village whore", he said and chuckled. "The chosen one takes priority. There is something that worries me and I hope you can put my mind at ease. As the awakener you have to have a child with the chosen one. Your blood in anyone else other than the Awakener is dangerous. No stray child out there, right?"

I laughed as if he had cracked a joke. "Of course not", I said in between laughs.

What did he take me for? I did not sleep around. I was only attracted to one person. The last thing I needed was a baby. I was not ready for that.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes", I said curtly.

"We have something to tell you. Tell him Isadora", Miguel said.

"Well my Lord. We have spoken to you father. The stars will truly align soon. The sacred door is opening. It's time for you to meet your people", Isadora said.

"When?" I asked quickly. Even though I knew it had been building up to this, I felt uneasy.

"Tomorrow", she said giving me a wide smile. "You are going home".

Something was nagging at me. "How did you find me?" I asked as I shifted on the balls of my feet.

"We are only two of many deployed to find you. Little did we know we'd find you right here where our city breathes. It's like the walls knew to keep you here, our second home...where we come to feed", Isadora said, not answering my question at all.

I coughed. "Feeding...um, like vampires?"

She chuckled like I'd cracked a joke. "If vampires bring darkness, then yes. We don't maul people to death; we suck out the light in their lives, scarring them. That's how we feed, and sometimes when we are done, we physically toy with our preys".

Her words were supposed to be bone-chilling, but they made me...happy. I could imagine destroying someone and leaving them a shell of themselves. I knew where I wanted to start. Matt would learn to fear me before I sucked out everything, leaving him just a ghost.

Miguel and Isadora left a little bit after our talk. They seemed very excited to finally go to Lands of Azuria after they'd worked hard to find me. When they left my urges got stronger. It was about time I visited Matt. He had to explain to me why he had not told the police it was me. I wanted to prove to him that I was untouchable, that I was superior.

I instantly transmitted myself to his balcony. This time I did not want to waste time. I remembered the surroundings very well so I could utilize instant transmission to perfection. I scanned the room through the thin curtains covering the balcony doors, utilizing my normal vision. There was no movement in the room, so Matt had to be alone. I opened the doors slowly and walked in.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Grey eyes were looking straight at me. The grey eyes did not faze me, the still figure lying next to the grey eyes' owner did. I could have been a hundred meters away and I could still tell it was Casey. Anger stirred inside me.