TA 25

Chapter 17

I walked faster and faster. It was getting darker, just how I wanted it to. When I realized how far I still needed to walk, I frowned. I could not afford to get there tired, I needed my strength. When I was sure no one was looking, I focused my energy and instantly transmitted myself to a neighborhood I hated.

My lips twisted in disgust when I passed the huge houses with their tall walls and fancy gates. I walked on, eager to get to my destination. When I saw the gate I was looking for, I smiled. I was in no mood to climb over walls so I did the only thing I could.

Instant transmission had its flaws. For one, I could not use it unless I knew exactly where I wanted to go. Focusing my energy on one place that I had probably seen once, I instantly transmitted myself and landed on the pavement outside Matt's room. Matt's room was on the third floor, the top level.

Despite being able to levitate objects, I could also levitate myself, which came in handy. I focused my energy and felt my legs leave the ground. It was dark now, so no one could see me. I increased speed steadily. Something pricked me, catching me off guard, making me lose focus. It was a tree I hadn't seen before. I had levitated straight at one of its branches and luckily, only the leaves had gotten to touch my skin. I cursed quietly as I almost landed on my butt. I tried again, that time avoiding the tree, resulting in me doing zigzags.

I finally arrived at Matt's balcony. I climbed in and went to the door. I looked around me and cursed. A balcony was a luxury Matt did not need or deserve. But it was all too well for me that he had it.

I opened the door a bit as quietly as I could and peered in. Matt was in the beautifully decorated bedroom, pacing up and down. He had a phone to his ear.

"No, no sweetheart, you really should not be insulting me you know", he said, pacing up and down.

"...So?"

"Hmm, I think Matt is too popular. How about you give me a nickname?"

"Yes Cassbear, I'm listening. Your voice is just so enchanting".

I stopped breathing. Cassbear? He could only be talking to Casey, unless he met a guy or girl named Cass, which was highly unlikely. Cassbear huh..? Who gave him a right to call him Cassbear? My body tensed and my hand balled up into a first. I was going to kill that son of a...

"You like kitten?" he said, stopping dead in his tracks.

I moved to the wall on the side of the door and sat against it.

"I give up Cass. I might as well call you cute monster", he said. I heard footsteps, he was pacing again.

After what could have been 30 seconds, he said, "Don't act like you didn't enjoy it. You kissed me back".

That was it; he was pushing me too far! I was losing control of myself.

"Right cute monster, I have to go", he said.

In a few seconds, he would wish he had not hung up. The only thing that had kept me from charging in on him was the fact that he was talking to Cass and I did not want him to hear anything that would make him suspicious. If I charged in and made Matt hang up, Cass would call just to make sure he was okay, because, that was how he was. I smiled when I thought of him and swiftly, my lips twisted in disgust. Matt did not deserve him. I had to make sure he knew that.

I pushed the door leading to the balcony slowly open. I did not make any sounds, which made me glad. It would not make any difference to Matt's fate if it did, but catching him off guard would serve me a purpose. I could not wait to see his terrified face. My blood warmed up when I thought about it.