TA 2

"You should really consider wearing a helmet big boy", a short average-built guy said to me as soon as I parked my bike at the school parking lot.

He was short, weighed a good 119 pounds with a big head and cute blue eyes. He had dark brown short straight hair and beautiful pink lips. He had feminine beauty, although if a guy told him that, he would probably kick him on the shin. He did not talk much, but gave really good advice (I'd never tell him that), even when not needed. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Cassidy "Cass" Stone. I called him Casey. I just had to be different.

"For the last time Casey, I am not an amateur. I am not about to crash my bike", I said getting off my bike.

"You know, 99% of people involved in accidents do not plan them", he said as we walked to class.

"I'll be the 1% and I haven't planned my accident, so relax. I'm not suicidal", I counter-attacked, smirking.

He rolled his cute blue eyes.

"Careful, they'll fall out. Then you'll just be half-adorable", I teased, prompting him to punch me on the arm.

I cursed under my breath. Casey had always been quick with his punches, but I always knew what he was going to do before he did it. When he raised his fist, I almost created a barrier around me. Like mom suggested, no one knew about my powers.

"What was that?" he asked, moving her ear closer to my mouth dramatically.

I frowned, "Nothing".

"I could swear it was something. Say it so I can punch you again".

I smiled down at the cute guy next to me in amusement. I was the only guy Casey could hit and get away with it. I let him do it. It was his way of hiding something. I just wasn't certain what.

We walked on towards the school building entrance, Casey telling me about his brother Calvin. I was only half-listening. It was common for Casey to rant about how he wanted to hate his brother. That made me appreciate being an only child. Of course when mom paid more attention to me, I wished she had another child who'd steal the spotlight. Intense scrutiny by parents on their children should have been against the law. If you are reading this in 2016, it probably should still be.

"Are you even listening?" Casey asked, standing in front of me, bringing me to a halt.

I looked slightly down. "Of course I am Casey. Calvin thinks you don't look like a guy and you want to shove your foot down his ass".

"I never mentioned shoving my foot anywhere", he said, starting to walk again.

"...but you were thinking it", I said.

"Well I might have", he said. He stopped again. "You think I look like a guy, right?"

Honestly, I thought Casey looked like the most beautiful guy I had ever seen, but I wasn't going to tell him that, and not only because he'd hit me. He had soft features and the softest hair. He'd make the best cuddle buddy.

Was I really thinking of cuddling with my best friend? In what way is that normal?

I didn't look at him when I replied. "You look like you Casey, different from all these Matt wannabes. Why do you care anyway?" I asked, pulling him.

"I...I don't care", he said shrugging.

I remembered something. "Hey Casey, remember the party at Eric's last night?"

"Uh...No?"

"Wrong answer. As far as mom knows, I was at the party and you were there too. Make sure she doesn't know otherwise", I said.