Ryloth

Kanan

We exited hyperspace and the planet Ryloth appeared. It had been almost a year since we had evacuated the remaining Jedi from Coruscant. We had picked up more on other planets over the course of the past year. I had now changed my name to Kanan Jarrus. Ahsoka had become a Knight and was training me now since my master had died on a rescue mission during a Jedi rescue. That was months ago. Senator Amidala just had a baby. Or 2. The boy was Luke and the girl was Leia.

"Won't the Twi'leks attack us when they see us?" Commander Cody asked. I was surprised that Order 66 had failed and zero clones had obeyed. Fives walked up. (I'm keeping him alive for... Reasons...)

"No they won't. Master Skywalker just informed me that Cham Syndulla has offered to let us stay on Ryloth." Fives said.

"Hopefully the Empire won't find us here." Obi-wan said. I walked to my quarters. Surprisingly Master Skywalker was there.

"Hey Kanan." He nodded at me. Everyone had gotten used to calling each Jedi their names instead of Master. We were like a family now.

"Anakin. What is it?" I asked.

"Ahsoka tells me you're doing well in training."

"Ah yes. It's because of you she's so good." I said politely.

"We have room for another Jedi in the 501st. We could use the help." Anakin said. I was shocked. He was asking me to be part of his battalion.

"With all due respect Anakin... I don't think I'm ready." I said hesitantly.

"No I'm not saying now. When you become a Knight.

"Why thank you."

"Well... We're going to land soon so get ready for meeting Cham." Anakin walked off.

(-_O_-)

We landed in front of the capital city of Ryloth. It looked so cool! Cham Syndulla and a girl about my age came to meet us. She had green skin and wore a pilot jumpsuit.

"Hello Master Jedi. I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Hera." Cham said. Hera bowed.

"It will be an honour to help you win the fight against the Empire." She said politely. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Has the Empire gained a firm control of the planet?" Ahsoka asked.

"Fortunately, no. And since you Jedi have come here to stay, we will be safe. But I believe my daughter will need a bodyguard." Cham said.

"Okay then... I think Kanan should be the bodyguard." Mace Windu said. "You okay with that?" He looked at me.

"Heck yes! Um... I mean... Sure... Okay... Up to her..." I said excitedly. Ahsoka made a weird face at me.

"Now I gotta talk to Master Yoda about something." Mace walked back to the cruiser. I looked at Hera.

"Where you wanna go?" I asked.

"I gotta go to my house and show you a droid I found. Come on!" She urged and grabbed my hand. I had a feeling this was the start of a friendship.