CHAPTER 29:

Her face was drenched with sweat. Chest rising up and down in rapid speed. Her head tossing left and right and her eyes closed tightly as if she can no longer endure the pain.

"AHHHHH!!!!!" a loud deafening scream jumped from one wall to another of the room. Her heart beats like a jackhammer.

"Clara! Clara!" a woman suddenly came rushing in the room for a rescue. She knelled beside the pregnant woman and caged her in her arms, trying calm the frightened woman. "I'm here.... Its okay. I'm not gonna leave you.... Shhh..." she said as she stroke the woman's long black hair. The woman she called Clara clutched firmly at the sleeves of the her shirt as she cried. "Is it a bad dream?" she spoke as if speaking to a child. Clara only nod as a response. "Whatever you had dreamed about, its not real. Its just a dream. Nothing's gonna happen to you, my love,"

"It seems so real. I was hanging on a cliff and there's this woman trying to reach me. She called me Jade. She said I have to grab hold to her before I fall. I was reaching for her hand but all of a sudden, someone grabbed by feet and pulled me down," Clara told her dream and buried her face on the woman's chest.

"Its just a dream. Don't  mull over something that has no sense. In the first place, your name is not Jade. Its Clara. I married an amazing woman named Clara. Not Jade. Let me get your pills to calm down. It will be bad for our babies if you let yourself be bothered by some rubbish dream," the woman left Clara for awhile as she took a bottle of pill on the bedside table and a glass of water beside it. She paid a quick glimpse on Clara before going back to her side. Clara swallowed the pill pushed by the water she intake. She lay down once more after feeling nauseated, a side effect of the tablet that will disappeared after a few seconds. 

"Now relax. Don't think of it again," the woman said taking her position next to her Clara. Her hand caressing the round bulging womb of the woman.

"Stay with me please. I'm scared of having the same dream," 

"Alright. I will not leave. Close your eyes now," she said that Clara obliged. It didn't take long until Clara's heart beat soothes and her breathing returned to normal.

----------

"How is she?" Mrs. Marian Galura worriedly asked Mrs. Cristy Howell looking at her daughter, Glaizel. She's been awake for hours but she never spoke for months.

(flashback)

Her head was heavy and throbbing with too much pain. She tried opening her eyes but every time she make an attempt, she felt like her skull was being pounded into bits.

"Arhianna!!! Arhianna!!!" she shouted.

"Sweetheart, I'm here..." a woman answered to her call but her voice was not Arhianna's. Her hand grabbed Glaizel's extended arm expecting that her wife will hold her. Glaizel was stunned by the sound of the voice. Its been so long since she had heard that sound. With the will to know the owner of he voice, she once again opened her eye and endure the pain of her throbbing temples. 

Her vision was blurry and the woman towering her looks like smoke that she cannot tell who she is.

"Just give it a moment, dear. I'll call the doctor,"

Glaizel felt her surroundings. When the woman left, it was eerily quiet and the place reeked with the smell of alcohol. 

***Hospital? I'm in a hospital? What the hell am I doing here? Where's my wife?***  her mind asked closing her eyes once more.

"Glaizel, can you hear me?" a male doctor asked as his thumb forcing her eyelids to open checking her pupils with a pen light. 

"What happened? What am I doing here? Is that my mother talking to me awhile ago?" she asked continuously. When the doctor was certain about the patients condition, she looked at the woman for a mute question of who should answer. The old woman smiled.