CHAPTER 14:

Arhianna and Glaizel looked at Dr. Panganiban with steely stare. Her eyes transferred from one person to another and her lips frown. 

"Whats with the both of you? You look like you're about to cry a river," she crossed her legs and straighten her back.

"Don't mind us. How's Lablab?" it was Arhianna who asked, eager to know about their baby.

"Lablab? Who's Lablab? A Labrador?" the doctor surprisingly asked pacing her hand on her chest.

"Its Arhianna's name for the embryo," Glaizel answered.

"She's not just an embryo. She's our baby!" Arhianna's tone reflects annoyance for delaying the news. Glaizel clasped both of her hands with one hand and the other caressed her cheeks to calm her down along with a shhhh sound. 

Arhianna looked straight at her wife's round eyes. It is crystal clear that she can see herself like a mirror. In those couple of orbs, she recognized a face it reflects. An image of almost an at-lost woman. 

"Hey, what going on here?" Dr. Panganiban cut their mute conversation with a wondering manner.

Glaizel faced the pondering doctor and sighed. "We think that something might had happened to the emb.. I mean baby. Something not good," her voice almost to whisper but audible.

"What? Why are you thinking that? I haven't said anything yet,"

"But your voice when you called me this morning,"

"And your eyes looks sad," Arhianna butt in.

"Well, I do have a good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?"

"Good," the couple answered in sync.

"Alright, the good news is, the merging of the your egg," she looked at Glaizel. ".. and the sperm is successful. We can already implant it to your womb," her stare transferred at Arhianna. 

Arhianna clasped her heart as if it was about to pop out of her chest as she sucked in a lungful of air. 

"Glai!" she pulled her wife closer, closing that space between them as she sob. 

Dr. Panganiban's heart melted as she witness Arhianna's reaction. A vision of a woman who's happiness is more of those who won million bucks. A genuine smile showed in her face involuntarily that comes with a single tear she didn't know fell from the corner of her eyes. When she felt a drop made its way down her cheeks, she immediately wiped it and compose herself.

"Ready to hear the bad news?" she spoke. 

The couple's joy ride came to an abrupt stop after hearing those two words... BAD... NEWS... They unhanded each other and nod.

"Okay, here goes," composing herself before she continues. "I just received an email from the hospital's director. They were informed of my patients wanting to have IVF," she paused for a few beats. ".... they denied me of performing it here because you, both women, are married,"

"What?!?" Arhianna stood up as she reacted to the bad news. "That's ridiculous! So what if we are both women?! As if we cannot pay the process. And how did they know that we are married?"

"Calm down Arhianna. Money is not the point here. This is Turkey. A muslim country. And when I saw muslim, you should know what I mean. And I don't know how they knew. This hospital doesn't do background checks as long as you are not convicts,"

Arhianna just glance at the doctor.  

"What should we do then?" Glaizel asked with an off-track tone.

"Since this news is certainly a drag and I have predicted the outcome, I made a call. A long distance call. I have a friend working in one of the best IVF clinics in Paris, France,"

"So you're saying we have to travel? Will the baby make it?" 

"Well,  not all embryos will survive freezing and eventual thawing when they come to be used. Very occasionally no embryos will survive. It is not uncommon for those embryos that do survive freezing and thawing to lose a cell or two. Ideally the embryos should continue to divide between thawing and transfer. And due to the freezing and thawing process, your chances of having a baby using a thawed frozen embryo are lower than with a fresh embryo, but your chances of becoming pregnant with a thawed frozen embryo are not affected by the length of time the embryo has been stored for," 

"Its risky then," its Arhianna who made the response.

The three silenced for a good few minutes. Weighing on the pros and cons. Arhianna wanted to have their Lablab in her womb at this very moment. The baby is not yet inside of her but she can already feel the baby's heart beat. An invincible umbilical cord already connects her to their unborn child.

On the other hand, Glaizel's mind roaming around the thought of how the hospital knew that she and Arhianna are married. Angelica said that the hospital don't do background checks but they got the info about them.

"Think about this thoroughly," Dr. Panganiban broke the ice.

"I have decided...."

----------

who made the decision?

what decision?

who leaked the information?

daming tanong.... o cia, need to buy diaper ng pamangkin ko... jan muna kayo.. hehehe... till next update.. don't forget to vote and prepare for SAVING SALLY this December....

Ciao bellas!!!