Prologue

Dear Diary,

I dreamed about her again. I woke up with tears flowing from my eyes but I felt warm on my face as if someone had touched me. A light pressure cupping my cheeks and something warm and loving landed on my lips. It felt so familiar. I guess it was HER. No, not guess, but I know it was her. I missed her so much. I wish I can just close my eyes so I can see her beautiful face all the time. Life seems so empty and all the gaps since she left were filled when I sleep and dream of her. Her pictures, her videos cannot suffice my longing for her but it is all I have. Eversince the day she departed, I didn't change anything in our bedroom. Her clothes still hanged in our closet. No one ever touches her things but me. And everytime I touch them, I feel her.

The last picture we had, those grey hair on our heads does not actually say our ages but the length of time we've been together. When I look at our wedding pictures that almost fade in time, her charm doesn't get old. Her stunning smile is still the same even at that day when she... I can't still say the D word.

They always say that our love ones that left us didn't really left because they are still here in our hearts and minds. I believe that. But still, I cannot shake that lonely feeling. The reality that she's no longer physically here is eating me and it makes me want to speed time and have it take my life or take my own life. But I will not do that. She  never like that. She said, she want me to continue my life and take care of what she had left behind for me. She wants me to pour all the love I have for her to our pride and joy. Of course thats what I did, even without telling me. What she left me is the half of each of us.

The memory of our wedding day seems like it just happened yesterday. We have a piece of heaven on earth. It beats the best birthdays of my life. And even if Wila came and almost ruined our wedding night, we ended up painting the night with full colors. It was the start of our beautiful journey as wife and wife. Then years later, she gave me the most beautiful gift of all. Even saying "the most beautiful" can't give justice to what she had given me, to our lives and to our family. It made our lives whole.
Diary, will there ever be a possibility that someone can invent a time machine? Because I want bring back the times that she's still here, that we are still together. We've been together for so long but I feel like our time is not enough because every day that passed its like a new day. A new beginning. There's no second day or third or fourth and so on, but only first day. She always make sure that the following day is different. That every day is a new day and new adventure. There was not a day that she failed to make me feel how much she loved me. We're just like any other couple. We had our arguments, misunderstandings and petty fights. Jealousies, misjudgements, wrong decisions, childishness but she never let the day passed without patching things up. Before we close our eyes to sleep, she does something that lightens up my mood. Who will not have their heart melt and let the quarrel pass when the whole bedroom lit up with lavander and chamomile scented candles, yellow sunflower petals on the bed, and a cute pouty face and eyes looking at you? She was just so adorable. Yeah, she did that one time with a board on her head saying "I'M SORRY BABY, BATI NA TAYO". No matter whose fault, she always gives in. Who am I not to forgive my lovely and sweet wife.

I loved her then and I love her now. Every time I look up in the sky and the sun lands on my face, I close my eyes and picture. I imagine the warmth I'm feeling are her hands and her lips. When the wind blows and the sound of the swaying trees are her words professing her love for me. And when her gift hugs me, I feel it was her embracing me. Her gift is the continuation of her love and care for me.

My dear wife, I know you can see me. Despite of the very long distance we have for each other now, I know and feel that you never took your eyes and heart away from us. Even you are up there and all we had from you are your memories, for us we are still complete. That you are still here with us. I don't know but probably you might find this amusing, that at the dining table we still place a plate for you. Others thought it was pathetic and they pitied us, even our parents. Mom was worried that they want us to undergo therapy. I reasoned with them that we didn't lose our marbles. We already accepted your... Damn, so hard to say that D word. Anyway, we told them that we had accepted but doing so shows just how much we love you. I know you understand us, my love. You are my one and only. Ang mahal ko. Mahal namin.
My dear Diary, if by any chance she makes a visit, will you let her read every entry I wrote to you? I just want her to read out my thoughts. And while she's reading, will you let her know that I never let any one took her place in my heart? That I remain loyal and totally still wed to her. That I took care our each halves. How many years has it been since she left? 5? 6? 10? Nah, it couldn't be ten. Though it feels like it.

Anyway, it won't be long now. Being on this bed am lying right now, I know some time soon she will be welcoming me in her arms, claiming me once more. I am excited to face her again, though a part of me don't want to leave her lovely gift. But I know that nothing is permanent except love and God, because love is God. Sooner or later, our own time comes and need to leave things on earth. Some day her gift will come and we will be whole again.
We will be whole FOREVER....

----------

Hey guys...  Here's a little teaser for the book two of The Promise. 

What can you say?

I'll let your imaginations run for the meantime...

Ciao bellas... 🐼🐰