Chapter 20

A/N I'm working on another fanfic idea, it won't be Percabeth but I haven't decided on the ship yet either. although I'm considering Pertamis as one of the options. It also won't have the typical beginning which is usually either Percy being betrayed or Annabeth cheating. it will be different for sure. 

Annabeth's point of view

After I finished talking to Percy I went back to the Athena cabin and got ready for bed, since I was just visiting I didn't really have a set schedule other than to make sure I finished the designs for the city. Partway through the morning I went into the woods headed for a place that most demigods don't go to nowadays due to the number of demigods who lost their lives there.

why did I go to what had once been Zeus's fist? Well, I planned on sending an Iris message, and I didn't want anyone to Overhear what I would say. Since it was summer my father, stepmother, and brothers were visiting, while I was here visiting camp my parents were spending some time with my son.

Yes a few weeks after I left Percy and he left camp I was quite shocked when I learned that I was in fact pregnant. I hadn't been with anyone other than Percy so he had to be the father. When I found out I contemplated contacting him and telling him, but I instead kept it to myself. The only other people who knew besides me were my mother, my father, my stepmother, and, my half-brothers.

I left camp a couple weeks after Percy since I got tired of dealing with how everyone was treating me. They were all judging me and saying that I was too harsh when I ended things with Percy, and if it wasn't for Percy making him swear not to Poseidon probably would have killed me. After he was born I'd named my son Luke, and I'd been living in New York, working for an architecture firm since.

My parents and step-mom had told me numerous times that I should contact Percy and tell him about Luke but I couldn't bring myself to face him since I knew that what I'd done had probably hurt him a great deal. Luke knows the truth about my mother, and I had promised him that someday he would get to meet his father, but I don't know if I'm ready to tell Percy yet. I quickly Iris messaged my father, mainly just to check on Luke.

I finished talking to my father and headed back toward camp I know that I have to tell Percy soon but I'm not sure if he'll even want to talk to me since it was obvious when we last spoke that he is still upset with me. I went back to the Athena cabin where I continued working on the plans for the city.

I left long enough to eat lunch, but I once again returned to my cabin to work on the designs. Partway through the afternoon I heard someone say "Annabeth,"

Unfortunately for me, I recognized the voice, and the last time we had spoken she had been far from happy with me. I couldn't help but wonder what she could want now. My first thought was that she might have come to remind me of my stupidity about Percy, or to tell me to stay away from him, but then another thought occurred to me, did she know about Luke, was it possible that she knew about Luke and that I had never told Percy?

The only way I would find out would be by talking to her so I turned to face the love goddess. "Lady Aphrodite, why are you here?" I asked trying to be somewhat polite despite the fact that I didn't like her much.

Her next words hit me like a cyclops's club, she said, "I know Annabeth, and if you don't tell him soon I will."

For a moment I couldn't speak and simply stared at her blankly like an idiot.

I finally found my voice again, and said, "How do you know?"

Aphrodite rolled her eyes before saying, "I thought you were supposed to be the smart one, I'm the goddess of Love Annabeth, and while most do not realize it I can sense and manipulate every kind of love, however, I rarely ever manipulate them anymore I merely observe them."