Chapter Nine.

The condo above as Alessandro's condo.

Lethal: Ch. 9

"Hey, Gabe."

I whispered as I walked into the office, my body sore. "How are you?" I asked and Gabriel snorted. "Look what the cat dragged in." He cackled. "You look like a dead corpse. Ew, what's with all those hickeys?" He made a noise of distaste and peered into my face. "Did Alessandro do this?" He questioned and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh, he did." He answered the question for himself with a smirk and a pat on the back. "Wow. I hope you feel so proud of yourself." I rolled my eyes as I sat down at my desk, feeling drained of energy. "I actually do, thank you." Gabe nodded affirmatively. "Good for you, Gabriel Franco." I snorted, running a hand through my hair. "Why don't you find someone who actually cares?" I leaned back in my chair, shaking my head.

"You're so mean this morning!" Gabe pouted. "Who crapped in your cereal this morning?" He turned his attention to his computer. "No one and I had eggs and bacon this morning." I huffed. "I still love you Gabriel." I smiled at the man who in turn, glared at me. "We didn't get to finish talking about you and Alessandro." He mused and looked at me with a serious look on his face. "No." I butted in. "Let's not talk about that. I don't want to be reminded of that night." I closed my eyes and sighed.

I'm slowly trying to get over that night day by day and hoping that what I heard was just a figment of my imagination. I was hoping that what I felt for Alessandro was reciprocated and that he loved me too.

I don't even remember how I fell for him. I don't remember how it even got this far. We were only supposed to be best friends, nothing more, but somewhere down the line, I started to see Alessandro in this light that I never saw before. I had come to terms with the fact that I wanted him more than a friend. I wanted him to be my lover and I was sure he felt the same way.

But that night, oh my god, that night was the night that changed everything.

I never once talked about that night with him because he was drunk as hell and he was off his rocker. People say things they don't mean when they're under the influence but it is also said that the truth comes out when you're intoxicated.

And I was pretty sure Alessandro meant what he said when he kissed me like a man starved. I'm sure he meant what he said despite the fact that he had his way with me like he knew I was a boy. He meant what he said and no matter what I did, I couldn't forget that.

"Yea, lets just never talk about it again." And we left it at that.

-

"Good evening, Mr. Kaylor." A man walked up to me just as I was walking out of the building. "Yeah, what's up?" I smiled at him and he motioned to the black SUV that was waiting on the curb. "Mr. Viconatti requested of me that I pick you up and take you to his condo. He said it was urgent that you two meet." I narrowed my eyes at the patient man, wondering if he was who he said he was.

"Who are you?" I questioned, folding my arms. "I'm Carmine Rivas." The tall man grinned. "I'm Mr. Viconatti's chauffeur. What he needs, I get." I nodded. "When is his birthday?" I asked this question because hardly anyone knew about Alessandro so if he got this right, then I would trust him.

"May 10th."

I stared at him, questioning everything about him. "Okay, let's go." Carmine nodded and opened the door for me. I slid in and I awaited to arrive at my destination.

-

"Thanks Carmine." I gave a way to the man as he drove away, walking up the steps to the lobby. Carmine gave me the number and I went up the elevator to level 11.  When I walked into the condo that belonged to the man, I called out Alessandro's name but I didn't even get to finish because lips pressed tightly against mine. I knew it was Alessandro fucking Viconatti because the kiss was too forced, as if he expected this kiss to be our last and wanted to savor it for eternity. I moaned at the sensation, his lips smooth and supple.