Chapter Three.

Lethal: Ch. 3

"How did it go, you little shit?"

I rolled my eyes at Dominic once I stepped inside of the warm, cozy atmosphere that was my apartment. "It was good, daddy dearest," I started to say as I put my jacket in the closet. "Except the fact that Melody forgot to mention one little thing." I raised a brow at him.

"What was that little thing?" He asked with a hint of confusion in his tone. "That my boss was no one other than the CEO of Viconatti Corp." I gritted out, still bitter about that new finding. "You don't mean..." His eyes widened with mischief and I rolled my eyes.

Leave it to him to find the humor in everything.

"I mean my boss is no one other than Alessandro Viconatti." I gave the finishing blow and my father just stared at me for a while, like his eyes were wide and everything and I think he forgot how to live. Like, he forgot to breathe. "Dad, are you okay?" I asked before he busted out into a fit of laughter. "What's so funny?" I growled out, watching as Dominic keeled over on the floor with tears in his eyes from laughing so much.

I still didn't see what was funny about the misfortune of this situation. I was dying and he was over here laughing.

"What's going on?" My other father Nikolai walked out from the kitchen and saw his husband on the ground. "What's wrong with him?" His voice was still deep and dark, still able to scare the living shit out of me. I hadn't got used to how deep his voice was for the past 19 years and I don't think I will.

How Dominic was able to listen to that on a daily basis and not be affected by it was a mystery. Or, maybe he was affected by it and he was just able to control his emotions.

Either way, it sounds disgusting.

"Oh. My. God." Dominic gasped between fits of laughter and grasped his chest like he was having a mixture between a heart attack and a seizure. "I have died a godly death and came back to life through the salvation of Jesus Christ." He cackled with tears falling down his face.

"Dad..." I muttered as Nikolai helped him up with a shake to his head. "19 years later and I still don't know how to deal with you." He stated and Dominic winked at him. "My godly ways aren't to be dealt with, but to be enhanced, my sexy husband." He smirked at him before turning back to me.

What kind of parents do I have? No. What kind of dad do I have?

"Why aren't you even excited to be reunited with your best friend, the one who has been with you all these years and endured your hateful personality, the one who has made sure you were loved despite your rudeness?" He gasped like he was offended by the turn of events.

"Well...when you put it like that, you make it sound like he's my lover or something like that." I rolled my eyes once again and that fueled his madness. "Ooh, your lover, huh?" He grinned like an idiot and I cursed myself for being the very son of this crazy ass man.

"No. He's nothing like that. We're not even friends." I stared at him with a blank expression, not finding his statement funny. If anything, I found it repulsive and it brought sad tears to my eyes to think of such a thing.

"Aw, don't say that about Sandro." Dominic pouted as he pointed to the picture of Alessandro and i in a frame that he hung on the wall. "You guys were so cute!" He gushed on and on and I stared in remembrance of the picture.

I was 13 and he was 17 and we were at his house celebrating his birthday. The look on my face was of pure disgust from having to take the picture while his was of pure joy and happiness as he held my waist and forced my head under his chin.