Chapter 27

Naomi's P.O.V.

Marcus had a two bedroom condo, so I had my own room. After getting settled in, him and I started talking business.
"B.Q. magazine wants to do a interview and photo shoot with you." Marcus says pulling out his agenda
"B.Q. magazine? As in Black quintessence?! Are you serious?! How did you-"
"I pulled a few strings, a friend of a friend talked to a couple people for me, and they're interested. They're working on this new project called "Melanin Queens" and they want you to be apart of it."
"Front cover?" I ask squinting with a little grin
Marcus replied by raising his eyebrows twice, winking at me.
"Marcus this is huge!" I say as we held hands jumping up and down

I'm really happy my career is back where it stared before I got caught up in all that drama.
"That's next week, but tomorrow morning "The Que radio" wants to do a live interview with you."
"The Que? Ugh, they're so messy." I say putting my head back rolling my eyes
"I know, but a lot of big celebrities have been on there and it's a good way to get your brand out there. You can also get this rumor of us "being together" set straight." Marcus says chuckling
"Ugh, you seen it too?! Keith almost flipped on me because of the blogs."
"Did you tell him I was gay?"
"Yeah after beating it in his head." I sigh "Do you think I should tell them about me and Keith?"
"Do you think it's time? I mean did you guys talk things out."
"Yeah, but I think maybe it's too soon."
"I agree." Marcus says nodding his head
"But when me and him were talking, he was pretty upset that I haven't gone public with our relationship, you know? Like only our family's know about us, and seeing the blogs about me and you really got to him. And he didn't talk things out with my sister-"
"Don't say anything." Marcus says cutting me off
"Nothing? Like at all?"
"Tell, but not too much. Let them know you aren't single, but don't let them know who you're taken by...and when things between you and Keith are completely good, then you let everyone know about him."
"You're right."

Keith may be a little upset about me not coming out to the public about him specifically, but at least they'll know I'm with someone, and that it's not with Marcus!

"Hey can you check the mail for me?"
Marcus says snapping me out of my thoughts
"Yeah sure. Why can't you go down?" I ask
"Just because I don't want to go all the way down there." He says chuckling "Just go down stairs to the lobby, and take a right all the way down that long hall, and buzz in using this key card."
He says handing me a set of keys
"Alright."
"And the key to the mailbox is the red one, slot C7."
"Ok." I say already leaving out the door

I go in the elevator and press the button to go down to the lobby. I look down at my phone checking my messages.
*message from Nonya*
"Hey?...went over your house, Keith said you went to stay with Marcus...Fill me in??"
As I start to type back the elevator doors open. I slightly look up and see a women holding her pregnant belly. As I look up we locked eyes.

It was Nova.

"Uh, hey..." she says awkwardly
"Oh hell no!" I say aloud

Please don't tell me this chick lives here!

••••••••