Chapter 14

"Naomi I'm sorry, please don't leave me..."
When I looked into his eyes I just wanted to break down and cry...
But I can't show my emotions
"I'm going over my sisters' house." I said getting up from where I was sitting.
Keith's eyes got really big.
"You aren't going to tell them?...are you?"
"Well if they don't ask I won't. But they will see my busted lip, and they ask questions...and that's all thanks to you." I said tapping his shoulder.
I walked up stairs to pack an overnight back.
Keith came up behind still with tears in his eyes.
"You can't just stay here tonight?"
I ignored him
"I won't bother you...I'll go in the guest room. And I'll cook you breakfast in the morning if you want and-"
"Bye Keith. I'm leaving."
As I try to walk pass Keith, he sits on the bed, grabbing my shirt and places his head on my stomach.
"Naomi please I'm sorry don't leave." He pleads as his tears are getting wiped on my shirt
"Please don't leave Naomi, I-"
I push his head off my stomach and head down stairs, out the door, and to my car.
Keith followed me the whole way.
"You're coming back right? Are you going to call me?"
I continued to ignore him and start the car up.
"Call me ok? And ice your lip. I love you. You know that right? Baby girl? I love-"
"Keith step away from the damn car!" I yell getting frustrated
He slowly takes a few steps back. Before I rolled my window all the way up he yells
"I love you!"
I drive off looking at him through my rear view mirror. The look on his face genuinely made me sad.
He looks like a puppy you just abandoned, and left on the street.
Seeing him like that made me cry. I could barely see the road ahead of me because I had tears in my eyes.
Despite what happened tonight, I can't just turn off my feelings for him like a light switch. It's all still there, and he's still in my heart. I still care for him, and I want to hug him and kiss him.
Keith Powers...
Keith fucking Powers man...what have you done to me? It's like he has me under a spell.
He literally just smacked fire out my ass, and I find myself here crying over him, just wanting to turn around and be in his arms.
But my pride is too strong.
I need some space, and so does he.

••••••••