Chapter 24

Naomi's P.O.V.
  Keith is upset at me, over something he sees on his phone.
"What is that?" I asked grabbing the phone
  "Naomi I understand what I did was wrong. But you couldn't even pick up the phone and tell me you were done. I have to see it on social media?"
  I scrolled through the phone and seen multiple blog, and post about me.
One gossip blog tweeted :
"Naomi Neé has been hiding in the dark lately, but seen earlier today on a double date" with the picture of Marcus, Clinton, Nonya, out at lunch.
"Woah, first time in weeks I've been in the media." I say shocked
"Naomi really? Who is he? Why couldn't you tell me you wanted to see other people."
"Keith, he's my manager."
"Manager? Last time I checked Karina was managing you."
"Karina left to Atlanta to be with her kids. Marcus was my manager a couple of months ago, before Karina took over."
"Then why were y'all on a date?"
"We weren't on a date! We were speaking business and catching up. That's it!" I say getting annoyed
"You expect me to believe?"
"Marcus likes penis! Ok?! He's gay. He don't want anything that I got!"
"Oh..."
"I introduced Nonya to that guy right there." I say pointing at him in the picture on the tweet "He's a friend of Marcus, and I wanted them to get to know each other."
"Oh...oh ok."
"Now can me talk about what's really important?" I say slight tossing his phone down on the counter
"Uh...yeah, sure." He says looking dumb
I walk into the living room and sit on the couch; He sits on the couch in front of me.
"You know me and my sister fought right?"
"Fought?"
"Yes fought. Physically fought, because of what you did!"
"I didn't do any-"
"Keith I don't have time for the lies. Just tell me what you did, or I'm done with you for good. You getting the fuck up out of my house, if you don't tell what went down!"
"Ok, ok! I'm sorry. I felt like you sent her here to snoop and see what I was doing, as if you didn't trust me. It made me upset, so I snapped on her. I'm sorry."
"Ok so...over the phone you said you did nothing wrong. So you lied!"
"I know I did! And I'm sorry! I'll apologize to her, I swear."
"Keith how could I ever trust you again?! You lied and said you did nothing wrong to my sister, I believed you, then you make us fight!"
"I know Naomi I'm sorry. From the bottom of my heart, I am." He says sounding sincere
"So you want to tell me the truth about Nova then? Why she popped up I front of my damn house?!"
He sighs, and stays silent.
"Hello?!"
"Ok Naomi. I'll tell you the truth..."
"I'm waiting!" I say scooting up on the edge of the couch shaking my leg
"Naomi I-" he takes a deep breath
"Uh...me and your ex are friends."
"Ex?" I say squinting my eyes, tightening my lips
"Y-yes your ex. Nas."

   My heart starts bumping a million beats per second.
Every nerve in my body shakes.
My face and ears get hot.
I stand up off the couch, placing my foot up on the coffee table, leaning over, as if I were about to leap on Keith.

  I keep replaying the words he said in my head, and make sure I heard him correctly.

"Run that shit by me one more time."

••••••••