Chapter one

Patsy and Delia were walking home from the gateway. They'd spent a lovely evening together. They were able to dance with each other and even kiss, all in public! It was 9 O'Clock and they were on their way back to Nonnatus house. It was a bitterly cold evening and the fog was heavy.
"Your shaking Deels, are you cold?" Patsy asked, she always fussed over her girlfriend.
"Just a tad, we'll be home soon though." Delia said in between shivering.
Patsy took hold of Delia's arm and felt the coldness from Delia.
"Goodness me, you're colder than an icicle! Here, take my coat." Patsy said as she took her coat off and wrapped it around Delia.
"Thanks Cariad" Delia whispered.
"Deels, I just remembered I've to run and pick something up. You head back home and I'll be there soon, you won't even know I'm gone." Patsy said wrapping her scarf around Delia.
"Alright, just please be safe Pats, please." Delia urged.

Patsy ran off, onto crisp street. She was picking up a ring. Delia's ring. She was going to propose to her. Patsy saw a shadowy figure approaching her from a laneway. She froze in fear. Next thing she knew was he was next to her.
"Do you want some fun, darling?" He slurred drunkenly.
The man looked well aged. Mid 60's perhaps. He was quite a stout man. He'd quite a big beer belly. He's hair was grey and balding. His breath stank of alcohol, beer to be precise. Patsy recognised him but in the very poor lit street she couldn't figure him out. She noticed a ring, a wedding ring, on his left hand.
"No thank you, sir. I'm quite alright" Patsy said, nerves clear in her voice.
"I'm afraid that's the wrong answer." He whispered angrily as he swung a beer bottle across her head and knocking her to the ground.

The last thing Patsy remembered was the blood gushing from her head and face, the man dragging her into a dark laneway and stripping her, removing any dignity she ever had. Then it all went black.

So that is the first chapter of my story. Hope you enjoyed. Please comment what you thought, I think I might upload once a week.