That's when the ropes snapped in two.

All three began to plummet down to the dark waters below.

Debris flew around them as they plummeted further and further.

They continued screaming for what felt like forever, afraid to collide into the dark abyss below.

Their screams echoed through the silent forest below slowly becoming feint.

The trio found themselves collapse deep into the water.

As they sunk deeper, Ingrid began hyperventilating as flashbacks of herself drowning comes haunting her.

She could still remember herself as a six year old sinking into the water, struggling to breathe. Then she began kicking and screaming for help.

Ingrid shook her head, returning to the present.

She knew she couldn't let her fear keep holding her down forever. It was time she face her fear.

Ingrid tread deeper below, scrutinizing the murky water for signs of that brunet boy and his dragon.

A small hunched shape floated just a couple metres below.

He was slowly sinking, almost losing consciousness.

Quickly, Ingrid swam closer and yanked the collar of his shirt.

Tugging the brunet, Ingrid swam onto the surface, gasping for air.

Thankfully, he didn't weigh much so it made it easy for her to drag him to safety without trouble.

Once Hiccup gained back his consciousness, he sputtered violently.

"Wait, where's Toothless?" he coughed.

Ingrid heard loud splashing, followed by a desperate roar nearby.

Peering over her shoulder, Ingrid found the Night Fury clumsily treading on water.

Quickly, she steered Hiccup and his Night Fury to dry land.

Dragon and Viking hauled themselves onto a patch of mossy ground.

"We are never doing that again!" Ingrid collapsed onto a boulder, squeezing water out of her hair.

Hiccup dazedly stood up. He gave Ingrid an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry," he said, coming over to his dragon, "Toothless didn't mean to do that. He's just hungry,"

"I figured," Ingrid smiled faintly at the boy. She stood up, squeezing excessive water from the hem of her tunic.

"Well, at least we're still alive,"

Hiccup stared at his drenched clothes.

"Except we're drenched," he sighed in defeat.

He set down his duffel bag and reached for his journal.

Most of the pages were yellowing and completely soaked. Some had fallen out of the journal.

Hiccup let out a crestfallen breath, "Well, that's quite disappointing,"

Ingrid peered over him, eyeing the smudged pages in curiosity.

"Wow, you drew this?" she grabbed his journal, flicking through several pages.

Her sapphire-blue eyes lit up, awe-strucked.

"Oh, these are just some ideas for inventions," Hiccup said sheepishly inspecting the ground.

He sat on a fallen log and pulled out his boots.