Chapter 9

We had ended up just ditching biology and talking. I had tried to explain the doubts he had, but he wasn't paying attention, so I gave up as well.

In the end, we were talking about anything and nothing – we discussed movies, music, basketball. He confessed that he hadn't yet watched mean girls, and I made him promise that he would watch it with me later.

"My favourite would have to be the golden state warriors. GSW, through and through." I said, when he asked me which team I supported in the NBA.

"Oh come on, just because Curry is in the team you like it." I scoffed at him as he said that.

"There are other players as well that make the team so special and amazing, like Klay and Drummond." He rolled his eyes at that. "Well, come on, then, who do you like?"

"Cleveland, any day."

"Okay," I said thoughtfully, munching on skittles. Passing the packet to him, I answered his question. "I would own Starbucks. Not because I like it, but because they earn a lot of money."

"Really?" Cole said, laughing and grabbing a few skittles. "If I could own any food chain, it would be Chipotle, so that I could get their food whenever I wanted, how much ever I wanted."

I scrunched my nose in thought – Chipotle wouldn't be bad, I guess. I rubbed my hands to warm them up because suddenly it was freezing cold.

Getting up, I latched the windows to stop the cold air in and turned around, only to find Cole looking at me with a thoughtful gaze.

"What?" I asked suspiciously. Cole shook his head as I sat back down.

"Nothing. Okay, how about this – if you could direct any movie, which one would it be?" He asked, popping a blue skittle into his mouth. I thought about it and then came up with one.

"I think I would love to direct any movie with Tom Hanks in it, or even George Clooney." Cole nodded his head in acknowledgment. There was a moment of silence between us as we were lost in our own thoughts.

"Anyways, I've got to go." He said, exhaling and standing up from the bed. I threw a skittle at him and he skillfully caught it and ate it.

I laughed at him as he stuck his hand out. I clasped it, electric waves flowing through me at the feel of his rough, calloused, and large hands. His large frame filled the room and my eyes took in his bulging biceps and the veins on his arm that I suddenly couldn't help notice.

"It has been a pleasure spending time with you," Cole said solemnly, picking up my hand and kissing the back of it.

I gaped at his sudden move as his eyes glittered mischievously with a secret joke, his hands unlatching the window and a smile on his face as he jumped across to his room.

I felt the soft touch of his lips on the back of my hand still, as if it had imprinted itself on my hand. My brother shouted my name from downstairs as I jumped, startled out of my thoughts.

As I ran down the stairs, all I could think about was how I was quickly starting to like Cole and everything about him, the first time I had liked someone or was in the process of doing so, since a very long time.