Chapter 7

It had rained for 3 days straight now.

I normally enjoyed rain, but this was really pissing off. The sky was overcast and fat droplets kept hitting the windows as I stared out of the gigantic one in my room. The novel lay forgotten in my hands as I looked out the window at the tree weighed down by the howling wind, thinking about everything and nothing.

I was deep in thought when a hand snatched the novel from my hands and hit me on the head with it. I turned around with an annoyed expression as Matt plopped down in front of me, chucking the novel at me.

I caught it, shaking my head as he sighed wearily while looking out the window.

"I'm so bored." He groaned, sliding down a little more into the bed in a distressed way, like the Titanic sinking lower and lower into boredom.

"Don't you want to hang out with your friends? Oh wait, you don't even have friends." I smiled at him sweetly as he stared blankly at me. His eyelids dropped in a way that said really?

I shifted my eyes out of the window as Matt got his phone out and started texting, talking about a chick he had banged a week ago, making me cringe. My eyes took in the heavy rain, and suddenly I saw a silhouette in the window opposite to mine.

Through the open windows of my room, I spotted Cole pushing the curtains away from the window in his room, his shirtless form visible.

My breath caught at the drops of water that clung to his skin and washboard abs, his toned muscles and sexy brown hair wet from the shower he clearly just had. Cole ran his hands through his hair, looking outside his window, and his eye caught mine.

A slow heat crawled up his blue eyes as he shamelessly checked me out in my tank top and tight yoga pants. My eyes widened at the desire in his eyes as I quickly looked away, caught for checking him out. A bolt of hot, white desire shot through me at the sight of his amazing torso that I wanted to kiss all over. Shaking my head, I quickly banished my dirty thoughts.

I walked out of the room and down to the kitchen when I realized Matt had long since got up and walked out. I felt restless, a slow, unfamiliar sensation building in my stomach as the sight of him like that, so raw and unapologetically sexy, still staying in my brain.

My footsteps padded over the stairs, and, realizing how hungry I was, I grabbed a Twinkie off of the shelf and slowly chewed on it, looking out of the open front door, lost in my thoughts.

I zoned out, unaware that someone had walked through the door until the man stood in front of me. I lifted my eyes to Cole's blue ones and immediately stopped chewing on my Twinkie.

A slow blush crawled up my cheeks, my eyes widening, and I turned around as fast as I could after seeing his smug smirk and dark, stormy blue orbs and ran up the stairs. I felt his eyes on me the whole way up, suddenly feeling self-conscious. I heard voices in the hallway as I peeped over my door to see Matt, Cole, and Liam talking and laughing.

I completely forgot about that – Matt had told me before that they were going to watch the game together today since we had a huge TV – one of the few things my father had splurged on – and I cursed out loud. Why couldn't my neighbor be ugly and short? Why did he have to be so disgustingly rugged and good-looking? I just needed a minute to gather my thoughts after seeing him like I had – all fresh out of the shower. Yum.

I smacked myself on the head before vowing to stay out of his way for as long as I could, settling down on the bed to start homework. After changing into a pair of shorts, I settled down, intent on finishing off my math homework as I grimly opened the book, a wave of lethargy and laziness washing over me at the sight of the first equation itself.