But the only person who was supposed to see it, was long gone.

I never regretted making her leave because that was the right thing to do. But the thing is, I just can't let her go. I miss her every damn day.

.     LUKE

After a long and exhausting day of work at the company, all I wanted was Ellie's presence and a good night sleep with her in my arms.

I shoved my key in the lock and pushed the door open.

"HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!" Ellie yelled in my face as she turned on the light with a cake in her other hand.

"Baby! Oh my god! You didn't have to do this! C'mere." I said with my arms wide open. She placed the cake on the nearest table and ran to my arms.

"I love you so fucking much!" I whispered in her ear as I stroked her hair. Her small figure was hugging me tight and I loved it.

She is my everything.

I can't believe she did this. She bought a cake, candles. She is the best!

"I love you too without cursing." She giggled a little at her own small joke and I did too.

I looked down at the cake only to burst out laughing because of the icing. "Happy birthday Lucky Luke? Really?" I read the note on the cake and continued laughing.

"Well yeah! Since you know, you got the job and tomorrow was your birthday too I figured why not." She said. "And you are lucky to have me," she paused and put her finger on my bottom lip, biting hers in the process. "So yeah, Lucky Luke." She smiled.

"Ugh! What did I do to deserve you?" I asked her and attached my lips to hers in a slow and passionate kiss. But it stopped when she pulled away abruptly.

"You taste like cigarettes." Shit. Shit. Shit. I forgot. I couldn't lie now. I couldn't do anything.

"Baby I--"

"Don't!" She yelled and yanked her hand away. Fuck, I'm stupid.

Suddenly the guilt was eating me alive. "Baby no. Please I'm so sorry."

"You promised!" She yelled again and backed away when I reached for her hand. "Don't." She said again. Her watery eyes shining under the light.

She quickly left me standing at the doorway alone with the cake. Lucky Luke? More like fuck up Luke. But she is right. I broke the most important promise I made her. I fucking hate myself now.

She has every right to hate me now too. Hell, I wish I just thought before smoking again.

After about an hour or so, I left the living room and headed to the bedroom. I had to talk to her. Because if she hated me I would go mad.

I saw her on the bed as I stood at the door frame. She was facing the wall on her side as she silently cried. I hated when she cried let alone being me who was the reason.

I slowly laid down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling, not knowing where to start or what to say.

"A kid once went to the zoo." I started. "And then he saw the airplanes at the entrance. And being the small kid he was he said 'take off'. Then when he saw the Zebras, he couldn't pronounce their name so he said 'ze bra'. And when he saw a baby animal and didn't know it's name he said 'baby'. So when he came home, his mother asked, "What did you see at the zoo?" And he replied. "Take off ze bra baby.""

I said while laughing at the stupid joke trying to lighten the mood, earning a very small and quiet giggle from her.

"Baby c'mon. I hate it when you do this and I hate it more when I know I have messed up and the reason is completely my idiotic actions. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. My co-workers were there at the last hour along with my boss so I just tried to seem cool and make them like me so I took it. I would never break my promises baby. I'm so so so sorry." I begged.

"Are you telling the truth?" He small voice cut through the silence that was slowly killing me. "Yes, Yes! Please baby. I'm sorry."

She finally rolled over letting me see her red puffy eyes. "Don't ever do that again. And don't break your promises. I know I used to do it even with you too but we've grown and-- just don't." She said.

I nodded rapidly at her, so freaking happy that she forgave me.

She scooted closer to me and placed her head on my chest. My hand immediately went to her head and stroked her soft blonde hair.

"Promise me you'll never leave me." She said after sometime making me confused.

"Baby I would never do that. Why'd you say that?" I asked in shock.

"Because you have an education, you have a job, you make really good money for someone your age. You could be with anyone you want, anyone but me. Anyone better than me. Just don't leave me please--" I cut her off.

"Don't. Ever. Say. That." I said trying not to get angry at her stupid remark.

"I would never do that. That's not important. You're the one I love and I would never leave you. I haven't till now and I won't ever." I said and wiped away her tears.

"I love you."

"I love you too baby."

.....
Please don't hate me. I know the story is not that interesting and you know, like before but trust me it will be better than the first part. You just have to be patient.

Thank you for almost 60k reads. I love you guys all. Keep it up!