● Sugawara Koushi : Only Imaginary

"So when are you going to tell him?"

You stared down onto your hands as everything began to sink in. You couldn't find the words to reply because even yourself couldn't answer. The silence bit in as you sat in the hospital room while the past 5 months flashed before you.

Walking down the hall was your figure skipping its way towards the school gymnasium where the boy's volleyball team was at for practice. You had heard that they were making a comeback and wanted to see how great they were. Your feet lead the way and soon enough you were peeking your head in to see. All the boys were drenched in sweat and was working hard. The atmosphere felt tensed that even you had chills crawling on you. You nodded in amazement before turning to leave. You were on your way when a volleyball flew out and hit your back. You fell and the ball rolled off the cement sidewalk into the dirt. A player ran out and grabbed the ball not seeing that you were there and was actually hurt. You got yourself up and dust the dirt off from your school uniform. You were used to people not seeing you since your presence is little to none. You looked up and your heart almost dropped. Before you was a taller boy with a nice grey hair color and located under his left eye was a mole.

"Is your back okay?" he asked. Shocked you couldn't find words to reply to that simple question. This was the first time someone had talked to you since the new school year. The boy chuckled and headed towards you, "I'm sorry about the volleyball hitting you~ If you don't feel well I can take you to the infirmary room?"

You shook your head immediately and bowed before running off, leaving him behind. Your heart was thumping fast as the scene invaded your mind again. There was a rush of shock and happiness running through your body. You thought to yourself, this was something that could happen only in a shoujo manga. The male student was very cute and being able to experience a moment like that was a first for you.

You couldn't sleep that night because every time you closed your eyes, you saw him and his beautiful smile. It was something that was very captivating. It made you feel happy and even you wanted to smile too. You spent the night going through all the shoujo mangas you had read to come up with what you should do next.

"In a situation like this, would the main character befriend the handsome student?" you thought as a yawn broke out from you. "Kuronuma Sawako had a similar situation...coming across a handsome classmate and being able to be friends with him before it turned to-"

Your face lit up in a tint of pink as you remembered how the manga went. You shook your head because you knew something like that would never happen to you, at least that is what you believed.

●●●

School went by like the wind, and your life had taken unexpected turns because of that certain student. He introduced himself as Sugawara Koushi and quickly became your friend. You found out that he was a setter on the volleyball team and that he was often busy with practices. But despite being so occupied, Sugawara somehow was always able to see you. It still hasn't occur to you yet just how close you've been with him as the months went by.

You were experiencing a whole new world just from spending days with him. He would offer to walk you home when you stayed at school late. He greeted you everytime he saw you and made sure you were never alone during breaks or school events. Everything that you had read in mangas and seen on TV was happening right before you. You knew it was too perfect, but even still you fell in love. Sugawara's smile, his laughter, and his sweet caring personality made it all too unreal.

It wasn't long before another situation had collided with your life. You were sick one day and since that day on, the road to recovery became a blur. Sugawara was always on alert in case anything could happen and even suggested to not continue volleyball so he could take care of you. You refused to let him because you knew just how much volleyball meant to him than you were. While he continued to help bring Karasuno a step closer to nationals, you on the other hand found the reason behind your 'sickness'.