● Ukai Keishin : Falling For You

You stepped out of the bus as the scenery of the small town came into view. With your camera beside you and your luggage in your hand you headed off. You had been working on an article about the new rising volleyball team from Karasuno High School and was asked to spend a month attending their school to learn their daily life and routines. You made your way through the town and stopped at a convience store. You had to admit you were definitely lost in that small town. You spotted a tall blonde hair male stepping out to take a smoke and assumed he was the manager Without a second to waste you took the chance.
"Excuse me!" you waved. The blonde hair man turned and glanced at you. The sun was suddenly brighter that day and it became hot for a second.
"I'm on a business trip and I'm quite lost," you asked. He returned and straightened himself.
"Ah yes, what is it that you need help with?" he asked. You smiled and replied, "I'm looking for the Shuki Apartments."
"Ah, they're located down the street on the left," he replied. You looked at where he pointed and sighed.
"I circled that area at least 5 times already," you chuckled and bowed. "I'll check it again-"
"I can walk you to it," he mentioned. You widened your eyes and shook your head immediately.
"No, it's totally fine! You have your store to look after!" you denied his offer. He was giving you a creepy feeling you didn't like at all.
"Thank you for the offer though!" you bowed quickly and left. Luckily you found the apartment this tine and made your way to the room you had requested. You were able to unpack and tour the room to see where things were. You took a break and ate some noodles before grabbing the things you needed and heading out. The sun had already almost gone down. You have gotten directions to Karasuno from a neighbor in the apartments and made your way there.

●●●

On the other hand, Karasuno's volleyball team was busy practicing in the gymnasium. They were working hard as their sweats dripped and was sucked into their shirts.
"Ukai-sensei," Yachi called for him. The volleyball coach returned back to his senses and turned to look at the manager.
"Yes?" he asked.
"Isn't it time for a break?" she asked. He glanced at his watch and widened his eyes. He immediately stood up and blew his whistle.
"Break time boys!" he shouted. The tired voices could be heard and the team headed to get water. Yachi noticed he wasn't being himself and asked, "A-are you okay sensei?"
He laughed and nodded before heading towards the boys. Yachi went back to refilling water bottles and handing towels to the players. Just when break was almost over, Nishinoya and Tanaka heard the first years discussing of a cute girl. The two immediately turned their heads and saw that same described girl at the door.
"Who is she?" they questioned but in no time raced towards her.
"You must be the goddess sent to help us!" the two began praying. You looked at them in suprised and shook your head, "I-I'm just a photographer and interviewer from Sports World."
"SPORTS WORLD?!" they widened their eyes and the two both fainted. You widened your eyes and was about to reach for them when their coach had gotten to them first.
"Go back to practice!" he shouted and the players obeyed.
"Sorry about those two-" and just at that second you two locked eyes.
"Ah! You're that store-"
"It's you-"
And silently, the players secretly watched what was hapening from afar.
"What are you doing here?" you asked ready to beat him if he attempted anything.
"I'm the coach," he laughed. You widened your eyes, "Coach?!"
"Yeah, now why are you here?" is was his turn to ask. You held up your camera, "I'll be interviewing and taking photos for Sports World."
"Uwah! You work at Sports World?" he questioned. He was even more surprised then you. He couldn't believe that a well-known magazine was going to cover Karasuno's volleyball team.
"I'm Ukai Keishin!" he greeted himself and put out his hand. You awkwardly smiled and shook it, "I'm (L/N) (F/N), it'll be a pleasure to work with you."
"Of course!" he gave you a soft smile. You felt your heart beat faster but ignored it and nodded your head. You were able to get the names of the members and met with the manager along with the advisor. It was a greeting day and that ended quickly along with practice.

●●●

The first week wasn't long. You got along well with most of the team members and even closer with Yachi. It was easier to communicate with her since she knew more about the members. The second week drove in and it wasn't long before you got close with everyone. Nishinoya and Tanaka were the protective ones and always offered to carry your items or buy you food. And when you interviewed them they spoke more than what you had wanted. Hinata on the other hand was afraid to talk with you but eventually opened up. He would stutter so much during the interview that you couldn't even understand him anymore. Kageyama and Tsukishima was difficult to interview because their replies were simple and short. You didn't know if they were naturally like that or they didn't like feel comfortable around you. The captain was easier to talk with, Ennoshita was calm and collected and very detailed with his explainations of the the games. You were also lucky to get to experience various practice games they played against other schools such as Nekoma and Fukurodani as well as having the previous 3rd years return for a reunion match. But getting along with the team wasn't the only thing you did, you also got along with Ukai surprisingly. You found out about his grandfather and even got to meet him. You grew to see that Ukai wasn't as creepy as you thought he was. He was very outgoing and seeing his serious side was something that caught you. He knew what was right and helped each member fully pull their potential out. That somehow got you falling for him. He would offer to walk you to the apartments and even sometimes you'd go drinking with him and Takeda.

●●●

The last week has arrived as you were close to finishing your cover on Karasuno's volleyball team. You got everything you needed and prepared for the trip back. It was fun while it lasted and you were extremely happy with your results. On the night before you were to leave, Ukai, Takeda, and the team members threw a surprise party for you. You were shocked and even ended up in tears.
"Thank you guys!" you smiled and laughed. "You guys make me want to stay here longer!"
"(F/N)-san must promise us to visit often!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted as their eyes filled with tears. You chuckled at their acts and nodded, "I'll definitely come watch you at the nationals!"
Everyone enjoyed the night eating the delicious meals that was prepared. You sat watching them as they played games and laughed. It was a nice feeling that was slightly sifferent from where you came from. Just as you were enjoying the view, Ukai came and sat down next to you.
"You created a great team," you mentioned to him. "They're lucky to have you."
Ukai shook his head, "No, I'm lucky to have them."
You turned to look at him and locked eyes. Your heart began beating fast and you felt that it was getting hard to breathe.
"They're great boys and it was an honor to be able to teach them all I could," he added. "We'll always strive even when we don't have wings, because we'll always be looking for ways to fly."
You took a sip of your drink and nodded, "You know what I didn't expect coming here?"
Ukai nodded for you to continue. You moved closer to him and whispered in his ear, "Falling for you."
He widened his eyes and his cheeks grew bright red.
"You're going to make tomorrow's goodbye difficult I hope you know that," you added and backed away. He tried to stay calm at first but his heart was beating too fast. You laughed at his reaction as he began to laugh along with you. Just then, he grabbed your hand unexpectedly and you were surprised at his sudden touch.
"Would it make you feel better if I go on a 'busniess trip' to see you for a month?"
The two of you locked eyes and from there on, you knew that life just got brighter and that coming to this small town was one of the best thing that happened.

●●●

□A/N:
i cant fluff to save a life tbh ; ^ ;
/cries in japanese/
anyways thank you for requesting ! ♡
i'll be working on the requests as fast as i can and i hope you all will enjoy them !