We had been on the road for nearly a month, and in that time we had secured most of the remaining fighters from Hunters pack in secure locations all over the country. All that remained were Kayla, Jake, Nick, Rose, Damien, Ryan, Cole, Nathan, Sammy, Rachelle, Hunter and myself. The old gang, well with the exception of Rachelle.

One night we had stopped at a motel as usual, Kayla had managed to make those cards and ID’s so getting things wasn’t a problem anymore. We all got a room to camp out for the night as usual.

We were all in my and Hunter’s room discussing our next move. When Hunter’s new cellphone rang. It wasn’t a commonly known number so it was rather strange. We all looked at hunter as he frowned down at the phone.

“Who is it?” I asked in our mind link.

“I don’t know. The number’s blocked.”

He then answered the phone.

“Hello.”

Hunter? Is that you boy?” We could all hear the person on the other side of the line due to our enhanced hearing so listening in was no problem.

“Who is this?”

It’s Matt Lawson, Alpha of the Leawood pack. How are you doing?” Hunter seemed to relax upon hearing the other persons name; I however remained poised, ready for an attack. I had kept my weapons close to me ever since the we barely escaped from the pack house the night of the attack.

“Alpha Lawson, it’s good to hear from you. I’m doing fine sir.”

It’s good to hear you’re still alive son. Heard what happen to your father. He was a good man, I’m sorry for your loss kid.”

Thank you sir. He will be missed. …Alpha Lawson, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you get my number?” There was silence for a little while then I heard the alpha say,

Ran into one of your pack members and he gave it to me.”

“Oh, I see. So what do I owe the pleasure of this call sir?”

“Well I had heard that you needed a little help and I had promised your pop’s that if ever you were in need and he wasn’t around that I would be there to help.” Hunter looked at us and then he made his way to the door and left the room to have a private chat. I tried using the mind link and was firmly blocked, which just pissed me off.

“Okay, am I the only one that finds that call weird?” Rose asked from her perch on the bed.

“No, who is that guy anyway and why is he offering his help now. I mean Hunter needed his help when we were being attacked by the rogues, why offer it now?” I asked, suspicion clear in my voice.

“He’s one of Hunter’s dad’s friends. We haven’t heard from him in a while.” Cole said,

“Then why is he calling now?” Nick asked,

“Do you think it’s because of the bounty, he’s all of a sudden a helping hand?” Kayla asked, cozying up to Jake said,

I do think so. The bounty on our heads to whoever brought us in was a pack as well as territory. You would have guessed right if you had guessed that it was Hunter’s pack as well as territory they were offering up as well as a representative in the council, which was the closes thing to being a council member if you weren’t a pure blood. As you well know, wolves like their status, so this was like being crowned king of the world, plus owning the moon.