Chapter 20

"Hey, c'mon." He said giving her a look, as he took her hands in his again. They were so small, shaking.

"I just," She tried to explain.

"Shh," Jimmy quieted, "Everything's gonna be okay." He assured, "I promise."

"Jimmy, you can't promise-" She began, before being cut off by the sound of the door opening.

"Hey!" Taj greeted, walking in to greet the two with a sling on his arm.

"Taj!" Allison exclaimed, as a small smile spread across her face.

"Am I interrupting?" He questioned, seeing the two sitting so close.

"No," Jimmy shook his head, as he got out of his chair so Taj could sit.

"How's it goin with you?" Taj asked, sitting down near Allison.

"I've been better," She tried to lighten the mood, as Taj cracked a smile, "But you...thank you so much." She smiled weakly.

"Hey," He said, grabbing her hand, "I didn't do anything." He sighed, "I wish I coulda done more..." He breathed.

"No," Allison shook her head as tears formed in her eyes, "You did so much."

"Yeah, seriously man." Jimmy chimed in, "Thanks." He said, patting him on the back.

"All I have is a fractured arm," He shrugged, "I'll be okay. But you, what's goin on with you?" He asked, then looking between the couple, "The baby?"

"I don't know," Allison sighed, blinking some tears back, "They had to take him out early."

"Aw, A." Taj frowned, squeezing her hand, "Is he gonna be okay?"

"They don't know for sure yet," Jimmy answered for her, "He's super little, he has to stay here for a while so he can be watched around the clock." He explained.

"Shit," Taj whispered, "I'm so sorry." He sympathized.

"It's okay." Allison sighed, "You might've saved him from being worse." She half smiled.

"Yeah," Jimmy nodded.

"Guys," Taj let out, "I'm so sorry." He shook his head.

"Everything's gonna work out." Jimmy said as Allison continued answering Taj's questions about her surgery and their baby.

"You guys pick out a name yet?" Taj asked, trying to bring the conversation to more of a positive light.

"Not really." Allison said, giving a small smile to Jimmy, "I'm sure we'll come up with something." She continued, as Jimmy just gave her a grin in response, it was good to see her thinking more positive.

They talked for a little more before they were interrupted by the nurse, "Hey, guys." She greeted the three, "Uh, Miss. Walker," She began, "You're free to go." She said.

"She can come home?" Jimmy asked.

"Yes," The nurse smiled, "Remember to keep up with your medicine and take it easy for a bit. As for your baby still so far, so good. You'll get constant updates."

"Can I go see him?" Allison asked, getting up and ripping the IV from her arm.

"Whoa wait, Miss. Walker." The nurse rushed over to her, carefully removing the needles attached to her body. "But, yes you can." She smiled.

----------

"It's this way," Jimmy said, leading Allison towards the pediatrics floor her hand securely in his, "In here." He said, walking her through the rows of babies to their own, "He's ours." He smiled.