Chapter 15

"Jimmy!" Allison scolded, becoming serious, "Are you serious?"

"I didn't know what to tell her!" He admitted, "My brothers know, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell her, I thought..."

"What?" She asked, with her arms crossed.

"I thought we'd be back together by now." He shrugged, looking at the floor.

"C'mon," Allison said, grabbing his hand and bringing them to checkout to buy the cute onesie. Once they made it back to the car Allison finally started the conversation again, "Look I know this is tough on you," She said, "And I know we keep saying I love you, and I do love you, but I don't think I'm ready to be engaged again yet..."

"What do I need to do to prove to you this is all I want?" Jimmy asked seriously.

"J, I love you." She said, "I never stopped. It's just with this baby I don't want you to feel like we have to get married just because I'm pregnant now."

"That's not how it is at all." He said, "I still...everything's the same, now there's just an added bonus." He chuckled.

"Well," Allison said, with a soft smile, "I just want to make sure."

"Whatever, we'll figure this out later." Jimmy smiled, as they started heading home, "I'll tell her tomorrow."

"Really?"

"I knew I'd have to sooner or later."

----------

"Hellooo." Jimmy's mom sing songed through the phone as she answered her sons call.

"Hey Mom," He greeted, slightly nervous, "You got a little time?"

"For you?" She asked, "Always."

"Okay cool." He nodded, "I have some stuff to talk to you about."

"Jimmy..."

"Allison's pregnant." He finally just let out.

"What?" His mother basically screamed through the phone, "JIMMY."

"Mom, calm down."

"Do not tell me how to act," She said with a lot of emotion, just as Allison walked into the living room seeing Jimmy in a confused state.

"What's wrong?" She mouthed seeing him on the phone, he just waved her off and shook his head.

"Mom," He began

"Listen," His mother sighed through the other end, "I'm not upset I'm just disappointed, I wish you two would've waited until after you were married."

"Actually, Mom," Jimmy started, his eyes flickering to Allison who could slightly hear Jimmy's mom through the phone.

"What else could you possibly have to tell me?" She demanded, "I don't know if I'll be able to handle anything more than this, Jimmy. How am I going to be a grandmother when my son isn't even married yet?"

"Uh," Jimmy stated, he froze for a minute. He wasn't sure what to say to her, honestly, he was a little scared. He was disappointing everyone lately. Allison saw it in his eyes, he didn't know what to say. He felt like he'd let down the one women who'd always brought him up.

Before Jimmy could say anything else, Allison snatched the phone out of his hands and pressed it up to her ear, sitting down next to him.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Allison," His mother sighed again, "Thank god, can you help me out here. I'm just a confused old lady, and Jimmy's scaring me."

"I know," Allison laughed a little, grabbing Jimmy's hand with her open one, "We just found out I was pregnant this week, and we just didn't know how to tell you. To be honest I think Jimmy was a little scared to tell you." She said, squeezing his hand.

She heard her breath through the phone, "I know I'm being hard on him," she admitted, "I just had a plan for you two, I wanted you guys to have a better life than I did." She said, "I know it's not my place, of course I'm over the moon that I'm gonna be a grandmother, even if it doesn't seem like it."

"I know it's a lot to process," Allison nodded, "But that's it, I swear nothing else." She smiled, getting up from Jimmy for a moment leaving him confused. A moment later she came back into the living room, holding the engagement ring he'd gotten for her.

"That better be it," She laughed through the phone, "I'll come around, I will." She admitted, "I just wish you'd be able to keep your hands off each other for one minute." She joked, making Allison turn a little red as she took her seat back, putting the ring in Jimmy's hand.

"Well," Allison started, not really knowing how to respond.

"Look," His mother started again, "I love you both so much, I just want you guys to last. And, I know firsthand that a baby this early isn't easy. So, I just want you guys to be ready."

"We're gonna try."

"I know," His mother nodded, "Look, I'll let you two go okay? Thanks for telling me, even though I was a little disappointed I'm very happy, truly. Tell Jimmy I love him, okay?"

"I will," Allison nodded, looking at Jimmy, "Bye." She said hanging up.

"Why'd you?" Jimmy began before Allison cut him off by crashing her lips into his.

"I want this." She said pulling away, "As long as you still do." She continued, catching her breath.

Jimmy just smiled, unfolding his hand to reveal the ring again. Taking her left hand gently in his, he slid the diamond back onto her ring finger, and it just looked right. Without another word, he brought his lips back to hers, bringing his hands down to her waist.

"I love you." He said, in between kisses.

"I love you." She answered, finally feeling confident in that phrase. Jimmy just smiled, as he broke them a part for a moment.

"Wait," he said, catching his breath, "What did my mom say?"

"Really?" Allison whined, grabbing at his shirt to bring his closer to her. Jimmy just chuckled as he tried his best to resist her until he got an answer back. "She just said she just wasn't really ready for that kinda news. She's disappointed and happy all at once, but said she'll come around." She shrugged. 

"That's it?" He asked in disbelief, he was originally pretty terrified to tell her, after all that was his Mommy.

"That's it." She smiled, giving up on him and laying back on the couch, "Actually she did say something kinda funny." Allison remembered, laughing to herself.

"What?" Jimmy questioned, tickling her in the sides.

"She said she wished we'd take our hands off each other for a minute," Allison laughed, "She thinks that's all we do, and that's why I'm knocked up now." She joked.

"Well she's not wrong." He laughed back, slightly lifting her shirt.

"Isn't she?" She teased, turning away from him.

"Aww c'mon," He whined, "You were into it a minute ago." He chuckled.

Allison tried her best to hold back a laugh, and just shrugged.

"So," Jimmy said, resting his face dangerously close to her, "You really don't want me to do this?" He whispered, gently kissing her lips and moving down her neck.

"Nope." She managed to whimper out.

"Really?" He asked with a smirk, "Or this?" He said in a low voice, grazing his hand down her stomach until he reached her most sensitive area. Allison couldn't help herself and let out a little moan as he gently moved his fingers causing him to give her a knowing grin.

"Dammit," She said, finally giving in, and pulling him back up to her and reached her hands beneath his shirt. Reattaching her lips to his, she was the one to break away and nibble softly on his ear, as he let out a groan, "Who wants it now?"