Chapter 4

"Hey!" Allison called, waving her hands in the air as she saw Xander coming out of his gate at the airport.

"A!" He said, spotting her from down the stairs, "Hey." He greeted back, pulling her in for a hug.

"How was your flight?" She asked as the two began walking back out to her car.

"Good," Xander nodded, loading his belonging into her trunk, "It's weird to be back home, like coming home for real." He admitted, buckling his seatbelt.

"I know." Allison nodded, trying to avoid busy traffic as she pulled out onto the expressway, "It's gonna be crazy, having you back."

"Definitely," Xander laughed, "The rest of my stuff should be coming tomorrow." He said, thinking out loud, "Thanks for spotting me your place by the way, means a lot."

"What?" Alison asked, "Cmon Xan, It's no big deal." She shrugged, "I'm moving out anyways, so if anything you just helped me fill it." She giggled.

"Mhm." He chuckled, letting his eyes close from the jetlag.

"Hey," Allison said, shaking Xander awake once she put the car in park, "We're here wake up!" she said, hitting him slightly on the arm to wake him.

"Huh?" Xander responded, blinking a couple of times, "Oh, coming." He shook his head, getting his stuff from the back and following Allison inside.

"Hey Ernie!" Allison smiled to the man at the front desk, "Here's your new Allison." She joked, pointing to Xander.

"Xander." Xander shook his head, introducing himself.

"You don't look like as much trouble as her," Ernie observed, "Glad to have you!"

Allison rolled her eyes as the elevator opened for them.

"See ya later, Ernie." Allison shook her head.

"He seems...nice?" Xander mentioned, as a question.

"He is, mostly." Allison shrugged, as they arrived to the right floor.

"So," He began, as they made their way down the hall, "You got any hot neighbors?" He smirked.

"Oh god," Allison rolled her eyes, "You can figure that out for yourself." She shook her head, jiggling the key into the lock for a moment.

"You're sure this is cool?" Xander asked again, before stepping inside.

"Seriously?" Allison questioned, "Stop asking! Yes, I want you here!"

"Well, thanks." He smiled at his long time best friend, "I miss bein home."

"Home missed you too." She laughed, slightly, "And I'm sure your mom missed you too." Allison said, mentioning his kind hearted mother.

"Yeah," Xander smiled, "She doesn't know I'm here yet," He said, "I'm gonna surprise her later."

"I'm surprised she isn't sick of you." Allison joked, "You're always pulling some kinda shit on her, tell her I said hi though."

"Yeah yeah," He laughed, "I'll tell her you said hey."

"Good." She maintained, "Oh, Jimmy's in the bathroom, I asked him to help me fix the door hinge for you." She said, setting down his stuff.

"Oh cool," Xander nodded, "Thanks."

"Hey, baby!" Allison called, walking down the hallway towards the bathroom.

"I'm almost done!" Jimmy called back.

"Hi." Allison smiled, looking up at Jimmy who was finishing tightening a screw on the door.

"Hey." He smiled, leaning down to give her a soft kiss, "How's it lookin?" He asked, bringing his attention back to the door.