Chapter 10

"Hey," The new speed trainer had called out to the team, "Good job today."

"Thank, Jermaine!" One of the younger players called over to him.

"Uh, kiss ass." Taj fake coughed, causing Jimmy and a lot of the older players to laugh. Jimmy had to admit, in these three weeks since Allison had stopped training the Bulls and they got this new guy Jermaine, things have felt...weird. But, he was grateful that him and Taj were able to work out their differences and start talking again, especially since Allison leaving, it was nice to have him around again.

"C'mon man," Jimmy chuckled, "give him a break." Jimmy said, referring to the rookie.

"Hell nah," Taj shook his head, "I had to keep my shit in a Disney princess backpack as a rookie, this is nothing." He recalled his hazing days.

"Wish I could've been there to see that." Jimmy laughed, causing Taj to give him a slight push.

"Shut up." He said, but still couldn't stop holding back his laughs, "You ready for tomorrow?" Taj asked, as they approached the parking lot. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Jimmy questioned, referring to their first game of the season which was tomorrow.

"Seriously," Taj began, "It ain't gonna be easy."

"Yeah," Jimmy sighed, "I know." He admitted, their first game was against the Knicks, and with Derrick and Joakim both there now it was definitely going to be an emotional feeling, "But hey, trust me," Jimmy said, "I for real had nothing to do with that trade." He shook his head, "It's all love for Derrick man, he taught me a lot coming into the league." He admitted, remembering how kind Derrick had been to him when he came to Chicago as a rookie, Derrick was the MVP at the time and Jimmy was just excited to play on the same team as him.

"I know," Taj breathed, "It was just hard to believe then, I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry." Taj apologized for the fight they'd had a few months ago, "You know I love you man, but they'd been with me for so long...I guess I was just looking for someone to blame..."

"Aye," Jimmy smiled, "No harm." He nodded.

"Hello!" Andy interrupted, walking up to the friends.

"Wassup, Andy?" Taj asked.

"I need to talk to you guys..." Andy said, quietly.

"Why?" Jimmy asked in confusion.

"It's about tomorrow..." Andy sighed, "Look, I know the situation with Allison is...well that you're just not talking." He said, "But, I just got word from Matt and..."

"And?" Taj ushered.

"They're having her come to the game tomorrow just so it doesn't seem like there were hard feelings in her leaving." He said, "I know it's really not easy because it's against New York so Derrick and Jo are gonne be there, but I figured it be better if you two had a heads up." He half smiled.

"Thanks man." Taj said, as Jimmy just nodded slightly.

"Well I'll see y'all tomorrow then." He said waving goodbye.

"I guess I'm not gonna be as ready for tomorrow as I thought..."

----------

Allison took a deep breath as the cab she and Xander were in came to a stop outside of the United Center.

"Ready?" Xander asked.

"Ready as I can be, I guess." She shrugged, as they made their way inside surrounded by the frenzy of fans coming in.