CHAPTER VIII - Night of the Nephilim

CHAPTER VIII

NIGHT OF THE NEPHILIM

After the queer vision with the white man in the white room, I woke up, and to my surprise, Kyoko was staring wide-eyed at me, her arms still around my neck and her warm breath to my lips. "Oh my, you're a very good kisser, Mr. Vincent."

"Pardon?" I asked, a little lost myself. "How long was I out?"

"Out? We just kissed, silly."

I raised an eyebrow. "You mean you haven't even started on the reading yet?"

She giggled. "Of course, not. I haven't even recited the spell. Do you want to—"

"No! I mean—it's all right, my dear. You don't need to."

She started pinching my cheeks, as if I was some dog of hers. "Really?"

"Yes," I replied, brushing her cheek in return. "I think I've had enough visions for one day."

And then, as our eyes locked on each other, she swoop in for a kiss; our lips meeting once again. The Nephilim really knew how to do it, with the tongue and all, and as I was enjoying the strawberry flavor, I realized this was not the time nor place to be caught on idle love-making. I had to take my leave; more pressing matters were at hand. I pushed her back a little, and said, "Uhm... Kyoko?"

"Yes?" she whispered naughtily.

"You're a really beautiful girl, you know that?"

She smiled. "Awe... You really mean that? Vincent? Vincy? Can I call you Vincy?"

"Uh—Yes. Vincy is fine," I continued, trying to come up with an excuse. "You see—"

"Want to come up?" she said, pulling down on the chest part of her bunny suit, revealing her God-given cleavage. "I have a room upstairs. We can—"

I swallowed. As much as I was fond of prostitution, especially sacred prostitution, I simply had to take a rain check. So I stood up, my knees a little numb. The horny rabbit was forced to bounce off my lap.

"Perhaps in the next visit, my dear," I said, dusting off my suit. "I'm afraid I have an appointment to catch."

She pouted, her eyes furious with doubt. "Oh c'mon! You seriously think I'm gonna buy that?"

I swallowed again. "W-What?"

The girl was pulling on my necktie. "Don't you like me, huh?"

"Of course, I do. You're very beautiful. You're—"

"Then why?" She pulled harder on my tie. "Are you married or something?"

I scratched my head. I forgot these half-breeds could be a real cuckoo. "No, I am not."

"Then why? Why? Why?!" she continued, slapping me hard on the cheek. By then, the loony wench was attracting more attention than what her job required her to do. The customers were now staring at me again. It didn't take long for two towering gentlemen from the bar to approach us. They were, in both appearance and attire, twins. They loomed over at six and a half inches, no older than twenty, sporting the same set of purple collared shirts with short sleeves and purple slacks. The only thing that set them apart was their bow tie, gold for one and red for another. (What is it with bow ties and this place?)

"Is this guy—" Goldie started.

"bothering you?" Red followed swiftly, as if they were one person inside two bodies.