Chapter 16

Today was the day! I was finally heading to London. I woke up early on November 3rd already packed up and ready to go. My flight to New York took off at 9 AM LA time. I woke up at 5 AM to make sure I had time to get ready; I had a long day of travelling ahead of me. My flight to New York would land at 4 PM eastern time. I'd have a little bit of waiting to do in New York before my flight to London at 9:30 PM. The flight was planned to arrive in London the next morning at 9:10 AM London time.

I showered quickly and took my time doing my hair. I decided to forgo makeup, as I would have to wear it for over a day straight. I picked a comfortable pair of leggings and an oversized sweater with a pair of sneakers as my plane attire, it wasn't my best but it did look like I tried a little bit.

I ate pretty quickly and packed my bags into my mom's car. She was dropping me off at the airport this early morning. By the time I was ready, packed and fed it was 6:45 AM. I made my way back to the apartment and my mom was putting her jacket on.

"Hey love." She smiled at me.

"Mom." I nodded at her and grabbed my jacket.

"You excited?"

"A little." I winked at her.

"You're going to have the time of your life."

"I hope!"

"Oh you will. My love falling in love."

"Shush." I laughed, "You ready to go?"

"I am. Let's get you to London."

I jumped up and clapped and quickly made my way back to her car. I jumped in having way too much energy for it being 6:45 AM. Mom finally made her way in and we were off. She hugged and kissed me goodbye when we made it to the airport.

"Do you need anything else?" She asked as I was walking away.

"I'm good mom." I smiled and gave her one last hug, "I won't be gone for too long. Plus you'll enjoy the peace and quiet."

"Damn straight. Now go get your boo thing." She smiled.

I laughed and made my way inside. I checked my bag and they gave me instructions. After a terribly long process of checking passports and security I finally made it to my gate and not with much time to spare. As quickly as I sat down they were calling for my group. I made my way to my seat and smiled, I was this much closer to London now. I pulled out my phone and texted Lin.

Lena: I'm on the plane! Well not THE plane but the plane from LA to NYC. See you soon!

Lin didn't get back to me in time before we were instructed to turn our phone to airplane mode. Before I knew it we were in the air and making our way to NYC. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to sleep the entire way.

"Ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the big apple. We hope you enjoy your stay and thank you for flying with American Air!"

I woke up startled I had managed to sleep the entire flight, considering how excited I was. I turned on my phone and smiled when I saw Lin had texted back.

Lin: Have a safe flight! I might or might not be bouncing off the walls I'm so excited!!!!

Lena: Made it to NYC!

Lin: I get to see you so soon. Can I call you?

Lena: Yeah! Let me call you though. I have to get off the plane and what not. I'll call soon.

Lin: Can't wait!

I grabbed my carry on and trudged my way off the airplane. It was 4:15 PM and I had over five hours until my next flight, this was going to be a blast. I walked off and sat down on an empty bench in the concourse area. I dialed Lin's number and waited for him to pick up.