three

I'M FAIRLY LOCAL

I'VE BEEN AROUND

MARIA HAD HARDENED BACK UP QUICKLY AFTER HER LITTLE MOMENT. Paul had told her she didn't have to go see Gregory right away, but she insisted. Still unsure if she trusted the place, and still unsure about the people. Sure, they hadn't tried to kill her yet, but that still didn't give her a reason to trust them. Paul walked her down the stairs, leading her to the room that Gregory had been in.

Knocking on the door, Paul glances at Maria, who stood unsteady. She didn't really know why she was here. Why she was suddenly finding out if she was allowed to stay at this community or not. She never did agree to stay here, but she wasn't complaining. Paul had told her there was food here, beds, weapons, but it was lacking protection.

Maria wasn't sure even if she would stay if she was allowed to. She had agreed to stay a few days, just to get a feel of the place. Though, Maria didn't want to get close to anyone. She wanted to stay far away from the human population, and not making any contact with any of them.

"Ah, your back, looking better than before as well." Gregory says, opening the door and greeting her right away. Maria looked at him, the bitchy look she gave people she didn't like crossed her face. His smile drops and he steps back, moving his arm forward to direct her in. "Come in, Jesus you can stay-"

"I'll be coming in too." Jesus interrupts, glancing at Maria. She looks back at Gregory, who sighed before nodding his head.

"Right, come in." Gregory tells them, turning on his feet and sitting down at a chair. Maria slowly walked in, looking around the room slowly. She looked the walls up and down, noticing the books and painting that covered it.

"Cool huh?" Gregory questioned, smirking at her. Maria squinted her eyes, and nodded her head slightly.

"Can she stay?" Paul questions, trying to get right to the point. Gregory brought his hand up to his beard, rubbing it.

"Maybe you should leave so I can talk to Mrs.- um, what's her name?" Gregory questions Paul, only to have Maria cut him off.

"Maria, and I can speak for myself thank you." She says sternly, shifting on her feet. Gregory turned to look at her and nodded his head.

"Well maybe you should leave so I can talk to Natalie, just a one on one thing." He says to Paul, only to have Maria grimace.

"Maria, and I don't like where your going with this one on one shit." She spits at him, only to have him take back.

"Oh but sweetheart, if you want to stay we will have to get to know each other." Gregory says, only to have Maria turn to look at Paul.

"You serious? What happened to this place being all cool and shit." She question him, only to have Paul step foreword.

"I brought her here to feel safe, not attacked." Paul tells Gregory, moving his arm to point at the girl. She stood with a hand on her thigh, tapping her fingers against her jeans.

"Well maybe she should learn to be more social." Gregory shoots back, "Especially if she wants to stay here."

"Hey fuck you man! I didn't ask for this!" Maria snaps, causing the two men to look at her. "Look, i've been on my own long enough, I was think of heading out west to an old friend of mines brother's camp." She says running a hand through her hair. "I was just going to stock up on supply's their and keep on my own, just go round the country. I never wanted a damn group." Paul sighs and looks at Gregory,

"I offered her to stay a few days. Wanted her to see what it was like here, because we need people like her." Paul tells Gregory, who just shakes his head.