prologue

GUESS I BETTER WASH MY                 
       MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP

MARIA WAS ALONE, she was alone for what felt like eternity. She thought she would be alone for eternity as well.

When the world went to hell, Maria was alone. She didn't want to find her parents, nor her siblings. The reason? She didn't want to see them die. Her friends? She ignored their messages the day everything went down. 

Maria wasn't cold, she actually had a really big heart. She loved animals, but when it came to eating in the apocalypses, she would eat anything she could. It didn't matter if it was a bunny, a deer, anything she may have found cute before. If it meant her survival, then she will take the chance. 

Before the world went to hell, Maria had friends. She knew people, she wasn't like she was now. She wasn't cold. She once in awhile had a boyfriend, but they never stuck around long. If it wasn't the fact she wouldn't have sex with them on the first date, than it was her attitude. 

She was always sarcastic. It was almost rare to hear her talk back to someone without sarcasm. That's what made people hate her, the use of her words. She spoke her mind, which some people say will be the death of her, but she doesn't mind. 

She wasn't always alone though. She may have started off the new world alone, but she met people. People always wiggled their ways into her life, even if she didn't like it. She wanted to be alone sometimes, especially when it came to who they were. Most of the time when those people came, she would end up leaving by herself, even if people went into the situation with her. 

She never left people behind, they just died on her. Maria became used to death, she knew that someday, somehow, everyone would die. It was a matter of time before Maria died herself. She didn't mind though, because she was alone, and she didn't have anyone to miss her when shes gone. She had no one to miss while she was gone either. 

That was until she met a man who called himself Jesus.