Chapter 2*

Upon entering the Roaming-eye, it did not disappoint as it truly resembled an eye. Although, that did not alleviate the ever-growing pit in my stomach. Before me was another Pearl. My Pearl. Off-white skin that perfectly offset her slate grey hair, sculpting her face beautifully. -Like Blue Diamonds Pearl- A gray leotard complemented by white lace embellishments on her shoulders and hips and a pitch-black gem on her forehead.

"Hello, you must be my Moonstone." My Pearl said in a monotone voice. "Congratulations my Moonstone, you are the first Moonstone created. Made to defeat the rest of the remaining Crystal Gems and the evil Rose Quartz herself... If they even still exist." She spoke almost monotone as if nothing mattered to her. Are all Pearls like this?

"My Pearl, can I call you that?"

"Of course, you can call me whatever you please, my Moonstone."

"Why should we kill these gems? Aren't they the same as us?"

"No, they were traders to Homeworld, thinking that the diamonds were beneath them." Finally, a spark of emotion came out of her, Hate. "Gems also say that Rose Quartz is the anti-gem. She wants all gem kind to suffer! If our theories are true, this is why multiple gems have gone missing on that miserable planet. It's the only explanation!"

"That's a lot to take in," I respond, shocked by the pure amount of information given to me. It's too much. I can't do this, I've existed for what? An hour max?! I need to find rebels that may or may not exist when I can't even figure out what to do about this feeling to eat! I still don't even know what that is, it's just something in my head that's telling me it's called eating.

I got to keep it together. I can feel the tears well up in my eyes. My Diamond gave me an order, I need to keep it together.

"Are you unwell? Was it something I said? Im so sorry it will never happen again!"

Oh no, not im making Pearl panic. "No, you did nothing wrong, Im just a bit tired after speaking with the Diamonds," I respond, hoping that will calm her down.

A look of relief washed over her. "Would you like to relax my Moonstone? Pearls are known for our ability to relax and entertain our masters."

"No, no. It's fine. I just want to know the details of our mission." I spoke in the most matter-of-fact tone I could muster. She panics when I panic, and it's clear im supposed to be her lead; I wouldn't want to cause her any grief. After being told she's off-color, I don't want to set her off.

"Here's the mission log, my Moonstone." She gave me the greenish Halo tablet with a picture of a black curly-haired boy and a pink curly-haired gem. The log states:

From Peridot facet 2f5l cut 5x and a Lapis Lazuli informant, facet and cut unknown:

"The rebel leader Rose Quartz is disguising herself as a human child called Steven. Claiming she's a child of Rose Quartz and a human; However, we've never seen anything like this before. This child is to be identified as dangerous. "Steven" as she calls herself, also confirms there are more rebel gems, also known as the Crystal Gems, and that they won't give up Earth. Rose Quartz also gave a list of human allies, the list shown below:

Jaime

Onion

Lars

Sadie

My Dad

Connie"

After capturing Rose Quartz, escort her to the Diamonds. Retrieve 150,000 humans to the Human Zoo, Via Handship for experimentation and further testing.

Report back as soon as possible.

"Hmm, she's pretending to be human?" I question. "What would possess her to do that? Aren't human beings weak?"

"They are unlike you humans don't have powers, are weak, and useless for battle. For a war criminal, it's extremely unsuspecting." Pearl replied, staring behind her. "My Moonstone, we must get going."

"Im sorry let's go." Oh, there are two other gems here. I was so in my head about things I didn't even notice them. How am I going to look for rebels when I can't even identify when other gems are around? I need to be vigilant. I cannot fail my Diamond. I'm not sure what she would do to me if I did it.

"We need to start flying soon. We were supposed to leave 20 minutes ago," She spoke politely.

I was surprised that she was in command of the ship, considering her polite demeanor. These gems looked intimidating and dangerous.

"Please sit on my Moonstone," she said quickly, forcing me into a seat. I sat in a chair observing the two gems and Pearl. Both the gems were very similar, wearing charcoal bodysuits with the Blue Diamond insignia. Now that I think of it, why do they have Blue Diamonds insignia when Pearl and I have White's? The only real difference between them was one had lavender skin, and the other was burgundy. I also realized that they have a very playful personality, unlike Pearl, her being commanding.

"So, Moonstone, since you're part human, can you use your gem?" the Lavender gem asked. "Like ya know, shapeshift, fuse, and summon your weapon, stuff like that."

"No, I didn't even know about anything like that before you mentioned it. But I do expect a battle when I get there. " I quickly responded. Fuse? Shapeshift? The Diamonds spoke about preprogramming, was this something I was supposed to know?

"Amethyst, I know exactly what you're thinking. Absolutely Not." Pearl said while looking at the Halo Tablet. "I'm an Era One Pearl Moonstone does not need to fight."

"Oh, well, la-dee-da," shouted the burgundy Amethyst, only glancing over for a second before continuing to pilot. "It's rumored you guys are stronger, but what happens when you are broken? Can't protect someone if you're dead."

"I can assure you that won't happen. Unlike other Pearls, I was trained as a warrior. Emerald demanded nothing less." My Pearl snapped back. "This eras Pearls are just all lace and ribbon batons, but im nothing like that."

"Why aren't you with her? Oh wait, she threw you away." Burgundy chuckled Tension quickly grew on the ship.

"I've had it with your-"

"Pearl, drop it."

"Yes, my Moonstone, my apologies."

"That's why." Lavender Amethyst murmured. "We're going at the fast speed we can while saving fuel for our flight back, we'll arrive on Earth in roughly three days."

'That's why'? Standing up for herself? This feels wrong. Is this what Yellow Pearl meant by off-color? Is not being a hundred percent agreeable at all times make you off-color? If so, I gotta watch what I say.

"My Moonstone, if I may, I can teach you some basics during our flight. If you find it necessary of course."

"Sure, let's start," I respond happily. I trust Pearl to protect me Amethyst was right, she can't protect me if she's hurt.

"If I may Moonstone," I nod toward her. "Amethysts, shrink us to roughly the size of Rubies with our proper portions, please."

"Ugh, fine" Burgandy responded clearly disinterested in Pearl's request.

The heck, we've shrunk! It seems like she wasn't joking. Can the ship really alter our bodies permanently? I prefer my original form! Even with three days of training, and my stomach hurting more and more, I didn't learn much. Summoning a weapon and swinging it around like a madman is all I can do. It's a scythe according to Pearl. The handle and blade of the scythe were entirely white, with a flower situated beneath the blade. It was beautiful.

"We will land on Earth in an hour!" said Lavender, while Burgundy started arguing about the time it could take.

"But nothing! We are getting them there and that's all that matters!" Lavender raised her voice annoyed. "Alright, I'm gonna change y'all to normal size."

"Oh, wow, being ruby sized was weird," I say changing back to my normal form.

"Ya, get used to it," Burgundy replied. "We're here!"