5.Try again

"Mommy." I try to ignore Daisy because I really needed my sleep and I don't understand why Jason doesn't like to take care of his child. As much as I love her I was super tired after the day I had and I knew she was a ball of energy.

She begins to jump on the bed as I roll away from where she was bouncing to look up at her. She stops and smiles widely at me.

"What you want?" I smirk at her as she rolls her eyes pouting at me. I couldn't help myself, I cave per usual.

"I want you to get up." she whines as I roll away.

"But I'm tired." I tell her closing my eyes back.

"Oh." she sits on the bed and gets under the covers.

"What are you doing?" I ask turning back towards her as she cuddles up next to me smiling.

"Going to sleep. If you go to sleep I'm going to sleep." She states closing her eyes.

"Good. An extra two hours and then we can do something fun." I tell her but she was already fast asleep.

--

Brody POV

I go to check on Faith in the doctor office to see if there was any progress in her healing. I watch her from outside the door as her and Jasmine talk happily, or sadly, not sure they were both smiling with tears streaming down their face.

"She's doing fine. She woke up this morning and is asking for Brooke." Jason tells me as I nod. Brooke, that woman will be the death of me. I would follow her to the end of the world if she asked me to. I went to check on her earlier and She was fast asleep with Daisy so I left her alone, as much as I wanted to lay in bed with her, and just feel her.

 "So what are we going to do?" I ask Jason.

"Do with what?" He ask me as we go in to my office and I shut the door behind me.

"About her father. What are we going to do?" I ask again.

"You asking to die?" Jason eyes went wide as if I asked the wrong thing. "His pack is so huge and full of no good people that they don't care who they hurt."

"I understand that, but if he is coming after Brooklyn we aren't going to let that happen." I tell him shaking my head. "We don't even know what he wants."

"He wants her to rule his pack. It's obvious that his son doesn't have the alpha blood in him like he thought it does." Jason explains sighing. "Now that he's probably ready to step down he's looking for Brooke to take over."

"Which won't happen." I say matter of fact, over my dead body.

"You never know." Jason laughs. "Brooke will surprise you in more ways than one."

---

I get out of bed making sure not to roll on Daisy as I got out. It was in the middle in the night for the both of us has slept all day.

"Hey" I jump turning to Brody. "Sorry didn't mean to startle you." he said as I nod.

"No it's fine I just didn't think anyone else was up." I tell him smiling. "Hi Brody."

He laughs hugging me which felt perfect, and I melt right into him. "You want some food?" He ask.

"Yes please." I tell him. We head down the stairs and in the kitchen where he pulls out left overs.

"We are lasagna last night." He explains putting it into the oven.

"Where's Jason?" I ask Brody.

"He is sleeping in the spare room." Brody sighs and I nod.

"Oh." I say. We sit in awkward silence because I know it's weird but I have always been comfortable with Jason sleeping next to me. Even if it isn't for the whole night but at least for a little while. I shouldn't have asked, but I was concerned.

"So what's the deal with your dad?" he ask.

"Bad things. He wasn't exactly a dad to me." I tell him shrugging taking his hand. "He abused me and let the pack do so as well."

"Why would he do that.?" Brody ask angrily pulling me into him again.

"I was a girl. He didn't want his first born to be a girl. He thought he could've beat the alpha out of me, or even fucked it." I explain to him. "My father wasn't the brightest in the bunch at all and sometimes I wish that my life was different."

"But then you wouldn't have what you have now." He says and I nod.

"Yes but it would've saved me a lot of pain." I smile sadly at him as he kisses my forehead. "But I met you so I mean there is something good that came out of this."

"Well of course." He smirks at me passing a plate my way as the food is set out.

I start to eat as he slides beside me and starts eating as well. I internally moan because it smelt like it tasted, good.

"So what are y'all plans now?" Brody ask.

"Not sure might jump state." I tell him.

"Why don't you just stay here?" He turns to me and I gulp, I was waiting for this.

"I don't want your pack to be in danger because of me." I tell him shaking my head. "It's bad enough that I put Daisy in danger every day of her life."

"I'm your mate and I won't let you leave me just when I found you." He says to me with a glare.

"I understand." I put my hand on top of his as I feel a pull toward him. "But I'm too much of a burden to do that to you."

----

Another one 🙂🙂

I'm trying once again guys. I'll try and post another one tonight and then work on doing my other story so that there is different stories to read.