nineteen

march 1st, 2002

"Oh Jenni, you look incredible!" Mrs. Weasley said as Ginny, Hermione, Luna, and herself came into the room we were all getting ready in.

"I look incredible? You girls look stunning!" I said, pointing at Hermione and Ginny's bridesmaids dresses and Mrs. Weasley's dress.

"Darling," I heard my mother say as she came into the doorway, her eyes filling with tears. She rushed over and hugged me tightly. "Oh honey, I'm so proud of who you've become, what you've done. You are everything to me, remember that." She kissed my forehead. "I love you sweetheart."

"I love you too Mum." I said, croaking. She dried her eyes and waved before making her exit.

"I best go with her, make sure she's alright." Mrs. Weasley said and I nodded. She left after her and Hermione and Ginny walked up to me. They stared at me for a solid ten seconds before we started bouncing up and down in a circle.

"Jenni's getting married today! Jenni's getting married today!" They both sang as we jumped up and down.

"I am getting married today! I am getting married today!" I chanted with them. A knock came from the doorway to the outside garden and Ron was standing there.

"Oh, hey Ron." We said, turning red with embarrassment. He crossed his arms and smirked. He walked up to us and hugged us all. Then he started jumping.

"Jenni's getting married today!" He sang and we were all jumping up and down and singing that over and over again.

One of our friends came to get Ron, Ginny and Hermione because they had to walk down the aisle soon. I sat down in a chair and fiddled with the pale purple wildflowers and white daisies bound tightly together by a white ribbon. My dad showed up in the doorway.

"Excuse me?" He asked, as I looked up. "Is there a daughter that needs to be given away today?" I smiled and ran over to him, hugging him tightly.

"I love you daddy." I whispered.

"I love you too kiddo." We released and walked to the line where we had to stand to wait to go out.

"You look beautiful by the way." He said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Hey," I looked up at him.

"You didn't write anything sarcastic in your vows, did you?" He asked, making me laugh.

"Of course I didn't dad, gosh it's almost as if you don't trust me or something." I said extremely sarcastically. He chuckled and the doors opened. Harry and Ginny walked down first, followed by Ron and Hermione.

Then the wedding song I picked began playing.

"Ready?" Dad asked, not turning to me.

"Is there a right answer?" I said. We linked arms and we began walking down the aisle. It was then that I realized just how many people came to see us get married. Almost all of our old professors were there, Dean and Seamus, our old Hogwarts friends, and our whole families. As we walked past where Dean and Seamus were, they put their fists out and I high-fived them both with my fist.

I saw Neville standing at the front, looking happier than I'd ever seen him. Dad gave me away and sat with my Mum and the Weasleys as I stood across from Neville.

"Please be seated." The priest said, and everyone sat. "We are gathered here today, to celebrate the meaning of love. Love, conjoined between two people who truly love each other.

"Neville Longbottom, do you take this woman, Jennifer Emerson, to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for as long as you both shall live?" He asked.

"I do." Neville said very confidently.

"Jennifer Emerson, do you take this man, Neville Longbottom, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for as long as you both shall live?"

"Always and forever." I said, smiling. We said our vows, Neville's almost brought everyone in the room to tears, but I had everyone laughing with my witty one-liners in mine.

"The rings, please?" Harry gave Neville mine and took my hand, gracefully placed it on my finger. Ginny handed me mine and I put it on Neville's finger.

"And now, by the power vested in me, and the town of London, I now am happy to pronounce you lovely people, husband and wife. You may kiss the-"

I cut him off by wrapping my arms around Neville's neck and kissing him passionately. Everyone stood up and clapped as we looked back, laughed, and went back down to aisle hand in hand.

Everyone filed into the reception area and got situated for the speeches. First Harry spoke.

"Okay, so I've only wrote one speech in my life, and that was to convince Ginny that we needed a dog, so bear with me." He said and everyone laughed. "I've known Jenni and Neville for as long as I could remember. And they've always been a duo. Wherever Jenni went, Neville followed, and wherever Neville went somewhere, Jenni's little behind was right after him. They are so in love, and so great together, that I honestly cannot think of one think of any other pair of people I'd rather be speaking about today. Thank you." Everyone clapped and Harry sat down next to Neville. Hermione was up next. She brought up a piece of old parchment from her purse and unfolded it in front of the microphone. Ron shuffled up beside her. She cleared her throats and began reading.

"January 4th, 1994." She read aloud.

"Hermione?" Ron said in a feminine tone.

"Yes Jenni?" Hermione replied.

"Do you think Neville likes me?"

"Neville Longbottom?! You have a crush on Neville Longbottom, don't you?" They were reading a paper conversation Hermione and I had in class one year.

"No I don't!" Ron said, sounding offended.

"Yes you do!" Hermione said. "You must want to marry him! And you're going to marry him! I can make it happen!" Ron said back down and Hermione folded the paper back up.

"This was a paper conversation that Jenni and I had in one of our third year classes." She said. "It was that moment that I had found out that Jenni like Neville. Later that day, I managed to wiggle it out of Neville as well. But I never told them. For seven years, seven whole years, these two had been friends. They could've been more than friends, but they were to shy to say anything. But I'm glad that they did, because if they hadn't, then I wouldn't have been able to read the proof that I had predicted this wedding!" She said and sat back down as everyone clapped.

The band began playing the song we picked out and we began dancing slowly in the middle of the room.

"You'll love me forever, right Nev?" I asked.

"Always and forever, Jenn." He said.

This day rocked.