six

"What?! No way!" I exclaimed as another seventh year handed me my timetable and I looked at it. "They've completely taken Defense Against the Dark Arts off the timetable! Now it's just Dark Arts!"

"That's completely insane!" Max said.

"It's barbaric!" Ginny joined as she put her bag next to the table and sat with Max, Neville and I.

"I'm just grateful we still have Herbology, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, and Divination." I said.

"Did you guys hear?" Dean said as he slid next to Seamus.

"Hear what?"

"There's no quidditch this year."

"WHAT?!" Max, Ginny and I all yelled loudly. "You can't have Hogwarts without quidditch! I wanted to beat Malfoy's ass one last time before I left here!" I whined. I sighed loudly. "What do you have Nev?" I peeked over the table.

"Same thing as you." He said.

"Well, we best be off to Divination." I said, standing up. He came with me and I hooked my arm around his as we walked to the north tower.

We were the first ones in and rushed back to our table as students began to pile in. Luna climbed into the room and we waved her over. Her and Cho came and sat at the table in front of ours. Professor Trelawny walked in and set her things out on her long desk.

"Pupils of mine, today we are going to be using tea leaves." Oh great. "I know it may seem boring, but it is in the term papers so I must review it." She handed us all cups, she handed Neville his very carefully as if he were to drop it again, then the teapots filled with tea by the flick of her wand. I poured mine and drank most of it, only leaving a little. Neville did the same and we switched cups.

"So what do I have?" I asked him as I propped my book open on the crystal ball in the middle of the table. He swished the leaves around a few times before looking closely at it.

"You got what looks like cherries, and that means um," He said as he flipped through his textbook. "A happy love affair."

"Sure, I'll have a happy love affair, with who? Malfoy?" I said, laughing. He laughed nervously and passed me his cup. I did the same motion as him and looked down into it. It looked like an arrow.

"You got an arrow, which means," I hesitated, rubbing my eyes to check if it was right. "Bad news." I bit my lip and he sat there with an emotionless expression.

"Well tea leaves are always wrong we'll probably be perfectly fine." He shrugged and I nodded. We sat there for the rest of the class with our heads on the table playing footsies underneath until the class changing sound echoed up the tower.

"Time for Dark Arts." I said sarcastically and he laughed nervously.

"This'll be fun."

~~~~~~

It was anything but fun. All the new teachers, the Carrows, did was teach us about how Dumbledore was a bad person and how it was a good thing he died. Are they serious?! A good thing?! What is wrong with everyone this year?

"Well that could have gone better." Seamus said as we dragged out heels out of the room on our way to Transfiguration.

"Yeah, and why would they say that Dumbledore was bad?! He was the best headmaster this school ever had!" I exclaimed loudly, and immediately regretted it.

"Emerson!" I heard one of the Carrows yell from the classroom.

"I'll- I'll catch up. Neville save me a seat in Transfiguration." I said and they left, Neville with a look of worry on his face.

"In." The male Carrow said sternly to me, and I obliged, scurrying in, trying my hardest not to look at them with their beady little eyes. The girl one pulled a chair out at one of the front desks and shoved me down into it. "Sit."

"I'm sitting." I said. They shot me twin glares and shoved a piece of parchment, a quill and an ink bottle onto my desk.

"I want you to write, Dumbledore was a bad man, Voldemort shall rule once again." The male one said. "Write it clearly until it, well, sinks in." I reluctantly picked up the quill and dipped it in the ink, and began to write neatly across the parchment. Damn, even writing his name felt wrong. As I wrote, I felt a prickling, jabbing, piercing feeling in the back of my left hand, which hurt like hell by the way, and looked down at it. On my hand, blood pooling slowly in it, were the words, Dumbledore was a bad man, Voldemort shall rule once again etched into my hand, dribbling with blood. I set the quill down and rubbed the blood away.

"Are you finished?" The girl asked from behind the front desk.

"Y-Yes." I stammered, holding back what felt like tears.

"You may go." They said and I grabbed my books quickly, jetting off to Transfiguration. When I arrived, Professor McGonagall was teaching the class and I walked up to her desk.

"I'm sorry I was late professor." I apologized, looking down at my shoes.

"Why are you late, Miss Emerson?" She asked me.

"I-um, I-I had to speak with Professor Carrow and Professor Carrow." I said weakly. She saw me holding my hand and gave it a long stare.

"Jennifer, let me see your hand." She whispered. I gave her it and she gasped. "Who did this to you?"

"I did. The Carrows made me. Punishment for speaking of Professor Dumbledore." I said quietly. She brought me behind her desk and pulled out a roll of gauze from her desk. She wrapped it carefully around my hand and wrist and fastened it with a pin.

"There, that'll do." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you professor." I said, smiling weakly at her. She returned it and I sat back down with Neville. He held my hand in his and looked at the bandages.

"What'd they do?" He asked, but I turned away. He unraveled the bandage and gasped when he read it. "Was it because you talked about him?" I nodded and looked up at him once he wrapped it back up again. I scooted my chair closer to him until I felt his body heat radiate off him into me and leaned into him. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

~3rd person POV~

Meanwhile at the ministry... two men and a woman run rapid through the ministry, spells casting left and right. "It's Harry Potter!" Someone yells.

"It's the Weasley boy!" Yells another. The two men, whom were Albert Runcorn and Reg Cattermole, now known and Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, and Mafalda Hopkirk, now known as Hermione Granger vanish through the green flames of the fireplaces.