eleven

Ron and Harry were dragged down the stairs by Pettigrew, or, Scabbers.

"Come on Scabbers! You were my rat!" Ron was yelling. "I kept you safe! Don't let them hurt her!"

"So sorry Ronald, but I cannot." He hissed and giggled, slamming the door shut with us all inside.

"Why were you in my vault!" Bellatrix screeched for upstairs. "Why did you take that!"

"I didn't take it." Hermione said through intense sobs. Then all of a sudden we heard ear piercing screams, that belonged to Hermione. Ron slammed on the bars with his fists in anger, screaming profanities. Alex walked up to him and pulled on his coat sleeve.

"R-Ronnie?" He stammered quietly. Ron whipped around and Alex flinched. "Hermione's strong, she won't give in." In a matter of seconds, Ron got down on his knees and hugged Alex tightly on the floor, crying. I bit my lip and covered my ears as the screaming continued.

All of a sudden Dobby apparated into the room.

"Oh Harry Potter!" Dobby squealed in his high pitch voice.

"Dobby?" Harry asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Dobby has come to rescue Harry Potter!" He said.

"Dobby, take Dean, Alex, Mr. Ollivander and I to Shell Cottage. Bill and Fleur are living there, right Ron?" He nodded and Dobby nodded.

"Yes Miss Jenni! Of course Miss Jenni!" He grabbed Alex and Mr. Ollivander and apparated, then reappeared and was about to apparate Dean and I. Then I had an idea.

"Ron!" I whispered. "The deluminator!" Ron stood up and clicked the button on the deluminator after he pulled it from his pocket. It collected the light in the room as I threw a chair that was in the room at the wall, making a loud crash! sound. I grabbed Dobby's hand and he apparated with us. We landed on the beach outside Shell Cottage.

"Dobby?" I said, holding onto his shoulder and getting on my knees.

"Miss Jenni?" He asked.

"Thank you." I smiled and he grinned, hugging me.

"Dobby is welcome Miss Jenni!" He said before waving and apparating into thin air.

"Jenni!" Alex yelled, running to me and hugging me tightly.

"It's okay Alex, we're alright." I said, smiling. Bill and Fleur were helping Mr. Ollivander into the cottage when I saw them.

"Fleur!" I exclaimed, running up to them.

"Oh Jenni! It iz zo nice to zee you!" She said.

"You too!" I smiled once they let Mr. Ollivander into a chair. "Hey Bill." I said, hugging him.

"Hello Jenni, it's nice to see you again." He said. Alex and Dean came into the cottage and we heard more people apparate. We looked out the window and saw Hermione, Harry, Ron, Griphook and Dobby all on the beach. Suddenly, Dobby fell into Harry's arms.

"Help me!" Harry pleaded to the others. Hermione was in Ron's arms, hiding her face. Griphook came into the house and went into a room.

"Not Dobby." I said, covering my mouth with my hands. Dean pulled me to his chest and I hid my face, my tears staining his shirt.

"Ssh, Jenni, ssh." He said, stroking my head.

~~~~~~~

"Jenni, Jenni, wake up," I heard Ron's voice say to me in a whisper. My eyes fluttered open and I noticed I was on a bed. He was sitting next to me.

"What? Where am I?" I sputtered out.

"Bill and Fleur's house, with us." He said in a low voice, trying not to be so loud.

"Where is everyone?"

"Hermione's still shaken from Bellatrix, so she's resting, and Harry's on the beach." He explained. "Alex is playing marbles with Dean and Mr. Ollivander and Griphook are in their rooms."

I looked up at him, my thoughts pouring into his green eyes. I threw myself into his arms and put my head into his chest, my tears flowing out like a rapid river. He put his arms around me and stroked my head.

"Ssh, Jenni, it's alright, I'm here." He whispered over and over again until I stopped crying.

"Ron?" I asked, turning my head so it wasn't muffled.

"Yeah?" He returned.

"Why is the world like this?" I asked, looking at him. He looked away, then looked back at me. I rested my head on his chest, and he kissed the top of my head.

"I don't know Jenn, I don't know." He said, putting his chin on my head.

"But you'll stay with me, right?"

"As long as I'm living, you'll be safe." He said. He pulled me away so I could look at him, his hands on my shoulders. "You're my fake girlfriend, and I always have to protect you." He said, making me smile.

"Thanks." I said. He rubbed my eyes free of tears with his thumb and hugged me again.

"I love you Jenni. You know that right?" Those words were things I never thought I'd ever hear any man say to me in my life.

"Yes, Ron, I know that." I said.

"You're like my sister." He said. Oh, in that way. That makes more sense.

"And you're like my brother." I returned, grabbing the back of his shirt as I hugged him tighter. "But we'll always be fake boyfriend and girlfriend." I joked, making him chuckle.

"Always." He muttered into my hair.

"Ron? Jenni?" I heard a sound from the other side of the room. It belonged to Bill.

"Yeah?" Ron asked, both of us turning to look at him.

"Just wanted you two to know that dinner's about to start." He said, walking out again.

"I might as well get something in my stomach." I smiled, standing up and putting on my trainers. I wrapped the blanket around myself and shuffled behind Ron as he guided me through the house to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going back?"

"Yes," Bill said. "We're taking you and Alex back to the burrow, and Dean's apparating back to Seamus's home. You'll return back to Hogwarts with everyone else."

"Well, that's great!" I exclaimed. "But, are Harry, Ron and Hermione coming with us?"

"No. They have to do something first."

"But you'll be okay, right Harry?" Alex asked from next to me.

"Yes, Alex, we'll be fine." Harry reassured him.

"So, when are we heading out?" I asked.

"Now."