nine

I had to sit in the hospital wing for nearly a month because the Carrows had hit a bone in my arm and it had to heal. Neville, Ginny and Luna all came by whenever they could, but Neville came around the most. He gave me all our assignments, teaching me the things we did, and fell asleep on occasion in the chair next to my bed.

The day I got out was the day we left for the Easter break.

"I am so excited to leave this place!" I exclaimed.

"Me too!" Ginny agreed. "I can't wait to see Mum and Dad!" We had left all of our things in our dormitories and now we were walking to the train.

"So what are your guys's plans?" I asked the boys.

"Probably just spend it at home." Seamus shrugged.

"Me too." Neville agreed. "I'm kind of worried about Gran though."

"Why?" I asked.

"She's been on the run, from death eaters and everything, so that's why I have to spend the Easter holiday with you guys." He explained, shoving his hands into his pockets. I nudged his side with my shoulder and he looked down at me. I put my arm around him and hugged his side, and he did the same to me.

"I'm excited to spend the holiday with you Nev." I smiled.

"And I you." He returned as we boarded the train.

"Ugh, I hate this year." I heard Malfoy groan from behind us.

"Aw Malfoy, do you miss saying Potter or talking about Harry all the time?" I joked, turning around and pouting at him.

"No, Emerson." He snarled, whipping around to face us. "Are you mad you can't see your boyfriend?"

"What're you ragging on about Malfoy?" I spat at him.

"Oh, just the fact you're dating a Weasley; one of the lowest of the low." He said. Oh god. The whole wizarding world must magically think Ron and I are dating.

"I'm not dating him you ignorant git!" I exclaimed before whipping around and boarding the train. I found a compartment and sat by the window, crossing my arms over my chest and huffing.

"Don't worry about Malfoy." Ginny encouraged from across me. "He's just mad because Hermione's not here." I stifled a laugh before the train began to pull away from the station.

"I am so happy to finally be away from those blasted Carrows." Dean said, making us all nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I hate why they're doing it." I agreed. "Why doesn't Snape say anything? And why does he enforce it?"

"Probably just so You-Know-Who doesn't kill him." Seamus chirped, before stuffing his face into a copy of The Daily Prophet. A picture of Harry, Ron and Hermione was plastered on the front page.

"Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger: All Undesirable Number One." I read.

"Where did you see that?" Neville asked.

"Seamus's paper, front page and everything." I said, pointing to it, making them all stare at it. Harry, Ron and Hermione were all on the cover, their pictures staring lifelessly. These pictures weren't recent though, except for Harry's. Hermione's was at least a year old and Ron's was easily three or four.

"I do hope they're safe." I said, hanging my head low and holding onto Neville's arm.

"They'll be fine." He reassured me. I nodded and slowly drifted to sleep with my face on the window.

~~~~~~~~~

I was in the family room with Neville, Ginny, Alex, the twins, and Mrs. Weasley, all of us waiting for Mr. Weasley to return from the ministry. I was leaning on Fred, as it was late and I was growing very tired.

"Hey," Fred said, nudging my shoulder. "Don't fall asleep. Mum said we were going to watch a muggle film tonight."

"Oh, I'm truly excited, I can't contain my excitement." I said sarcastically. Mr. Weasley walked through the back door and we all rushed to him.

"Oh Arthur! We were so worried!" Mrs. Weasley said, kissing him and hugging him.

"Ah yes Molly, another fine day at the ministry." He said, smiling down at her.

"I'm hoping that was sarcasm." I pointed out, to which he nodded.

"You truly can sniff that stuff out Jenni." He replied and I laughed, which made everyone else laugh.

"Children! Go get the eggs from the coop before we watch the film will you?" Mrs. Weasley asked and we all obliged, Alex grabbing the bucket. We walked out to the chicken coop and collected the eggs. We began to walk back but we heard a rustling sound coming from the field. We all whipped around to look.

"I-It's, probably just a rabbit, or a field mouse." Fred said as he shook with every word. The rustling became more intense as we watched, until four men walked out in front of us.

"Ah, well hello children." One of the men said.

"W-Who are you?" Ginny asked nervously.

"Ah, sorry, forgive me, I never properly introduced myself." He said. "My name is Scabior." He bowed before taking a few steps closer to us, his men close behind.

"W-What do you want?" I asked quietly from behind George as I held tightly around Neville's waist, him with his arm around me and the other around Alex.

"Well, young girl." He said slyly. "I'm actually here for you, and your little mudblood brother." He sneered and my eyes went wide. Alex began to cry from next to us and Neville held him into his side, muffling his cries.

"Leave them alone." Fred and George said, standing in front of us.

"We're not going to let you hurt them." Neville spoke up.

"Oh we don't want to hurt them, we just need to talk to them, about their parents." He said, getting closer and closer. It had gotten to a point where we were up against the house and they were directly in front of us. He grabbed Alex by the arm and began to pull him away from Neville.

"Alex!" I screeched. "Let me little brother go!" I tried to fight, but before I could, another one had grabbed me and was pulling me away from Neville.

"Neville!" I wailed, holding onto his hand.

"Jenni!" He yelled as my hand slipped from his grasp and they pulled Alex and I down to the shed, where they apparated us into a forest, standing next to a kind of wagon. They opened it and threw us in, locking it behind us.

"Jenni!" Alex exclaimed, grabbing me and hugging me harder than ever before. He was crying and so was I.

"Jenni? Alex? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say in the darkness. I recognized who the voice belonged to.

"Dean?" I asked as I felt around to find him. My hands found his legs and I jumped up and hugged him tightly. "Are you alright? Where's Seamus?"

"He's at his parents'." Dean explained. "That's where they had found me."

"Who?"

"Them; the Snatchers." Dean said gravely.