five

We got our school books and other things in Diagon Alley with the Weasleys the day before school began. I stood close by Fred and George, Alex holding my hand the whole walk through.

"Want a sweet sonny?" A gruelling elderly man asked Alex, grabbing onto his coat arm tightly. I squeezed his hand and he looked from me back to the man nervously.

"N-No thank you." Alex whimpered, he let go of his jacket, stalking away and grumbling profanities. We scurried away and passed the twins' joke shop. The lights were off and the bright red paint had now turned dark blood red with the darkness of the alley. It looked as if Diagon Alley had turned into one big Knockturn Alley.

"F-Fred, I'm scared." I whispered as we walked past Ollivander's, which was darkened out.

"It's okay Jenn, we're gonna be fine." He soothed as he put his arm over my shoulder. We got our books, supplies and everything we needed and passed through the entrance to The Leaky Cauldron. There were still a lot of wizards and witches there, but not as many as usual. Although Tom was still working the bar.

"Ah good afternoon Weasley family, and Emerson children!" He said cheerfully to us.

"Afternoon Tom, how are you doing by the way?" Mr. Weasley began to pick up conversation with him.

"Children, we'll be staying here until tomorrow, because we're all going with you to the train to see you off." Mrs. Weasley told the lot of us. "Ginny and Jenni, you have one room, next to it is Fred and George's, across the hall is Alex and Charlie, and your father and I are next to Alex's room. You trunks are already up there, so best be getting your things in your trunks then come back down for dinner." We all obliged and scurried up the narrow stairwell. Ginny and I entered our room and noticed that there was only one bed. We looked at each other.

"I call the bed!" I exclaimed and ran for it. I slammed face down on it and Ginny landed next to me.

"We're sharing." Ginny laughed and I frowned.

"Fine, but I'm getting the comfier half." I said and we shook on it. We organized our books into our bags and went next door to the twins' room. Fred was chasing George with what looked like a dead mouse, but I noticed it had a price tag on it. One of the fake mice they made.

"George, you understand this isn't real right?" I asked him once I managed to successfully stop him.

"Fred you git!" He yelled before Fred ran out of the room laughing hysterically, George close behind him. We ran behind them and watched from the upstairs level balcony type thing as they chased each other, thankfully not disturbing anyone. Mr. Weasley was still talking to Tom, and Alex was with a young boy who was probably his friend from school. Charlie was probably talking to Mrs. Weasley about going back to Romania but I haven't the slightest clue at this point.

"Ginny, Jenni, is that you?" We heard a loud voice boom from the door. We turned on our heels and saw the one and only Max Levangie standing in the doorway, her trunk and owl cage in her arms. I was extremely worried about Max and Darren over the break, I was scared they'd be hurt or worse.

"Max!" We exclaimed, running to her. She was just able to put her things down in time before we tackled her with hugs.

"Max we missed you!" Ginny said as we stood back up. We gave her a hand and pulled her up.

"We were so worried about you!" I exclaimed. "Wait, where's Darren?"

"Right, about that." She said, putting her hands together. "Darren's, not coming back this year."

"What?" We asked shockingly. First no Hermione and now no Darren? What is this coming to?

"Why not?" Ginny asked.

"Her parents moved to Bulgaria to avoid being attacked by You-Know-Who, and they didn't think she'd be safe at Hogwarts without Dumbledore." Max explained. "Where's Hermione?"

"She," I started, rubbing my neck. "Well, we don't really know where she is."

"Huh? How do you not know where she is?"

"It was at Bill, Ron's brother, and fiancé Fleur's wedding." We said as we sat down at a table together. A waiter came around and gave us all butterbeers. "Thanks." I said as he walked back. "It was going great, everyone was having fun, loving the day, hell, even I was having fun."

"Don't forget to tell her what you and Ron did." Ginny said and winked as she said it.

"What did you and Ron do?!" Max asked, leaning into the table. "Did you sleep together?"

"No we did not sleep together!" I exclaimed quietly.

"They just acted like they had been boyfriend and girlfriend since their fourth year because Ron was jealous of Hermione and Victor Krum-"

"Victor Krum was at the wedding?!" Max yelled, making everyone in the room turn to face us. She quieted down and Ginny continued.

"Yeah, and he liked Hermione in fourth year, so they were dancing and everything, being all flirty and such, so Ron was jealous and Jenni here was lonesome because Neville didn't come, so they acted as boyfriend as girlfriend to Aunt Muriel, to which she told everyone and made them dance." She finished. "And may I say, you two make a very believable couple."

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. "Well, after me and Ron were dancing, a patronus came in and it was Kingsley Shacklebolt saying that the Minister of Magic was dead and how the ministry had fallen. Then as soon as it evaporated, hell broke loose. There were spells being cast left and right, everyone was apparating and disapperating from every corner of the tent, and running to the house." I continued. "So Ron told me to go find his parents, and when I found them, I looked back and saw them disapperate. And no one knows where they are."

"That's horrible!" Max said, covering her mouth. "I hope they're still safe."

"Yeah, they're probably trying to break into the Ministry as we speak." Ginny joked and we all chuckled.

"Children! Time for bed!" Mrs. Weasley called and we all scrambled back up to bed.

~~~~

We got to platform 9 3/4, to find Seamus, Dean and Neville all standing by the wall, Neville with his back to where I stood with Fred and George. I ran to them and hugged Neville from behind.

"Nev! I've missed you!" I exclaimed as I hugged him tightly around his stomach. He reacted and jolted up right, until he turned around in my arms, looked down and saw it was me, and hugged me back.

"I missed you Jenn!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly, lifting me off the ground. Now this is what life was about.

"Ahem." I heard Seamus clear his throat from behind us. I looked at them. "We're here too."

"Of course you too are!" I exclaimed as I hugged the pair of them.

"Dean stop growing seriously." I joked and he smiled. "You're like twice your boyfriend's size."

"It's fine by me." Seamus said, looking up at him.

"You quit growing too." I said, looking up at Neville and poking him in the stomach, which, to my utter surprise, was hard. "Woah."

"It's, this." He said, lifting up his shirt and coat to reveal what looked like a police vest. "Gran wanted me to wear it until I got on the train, just in case."

"Oh, well, that's a good idea." I said, growing red. "But stop growing, soon enough I'll have to jump just to look at you in the face." I said, as I stood on my tiptoes and looked up at him. He patted my head and we boarded the train. We all sat at a booth and I stared out the window as we rode along the countryside. We had been going for around an hour until we abruptly stopped.

"Is there another dementor on the train?" Dean whispered before a death eater strode into the train car. He scanned the area before Neville stood up, me grabbing his hand.

"Hey losers," He said, the death eater turning to face him. "He's not here." The death eater then got off the train and apparated into thin air.