Chapter 2: Everything is Fine.

Start from the beginning

"Elaborate, Prince."

The King sounded like he knew what was coming, but Christian spoke anyway.

"It's been nine months, and you've taken no steps." He stood up, "You do remember you declared war on a Kingdom and its ally, and you do realise that you've totally forgotten to do anything for it?"

The King's eyes darkened all of a sudden, "You're still a kid, Christian. As immature as a young Prince would be. Do you think I'd not know the right time to attack, and the wrong time to do so?" He walked forward, taking his time, until he was right in front of his son, "I know you're blinded by rage and the need to restore the pride you lost because of your own faults, but this isn't the way things work."

Christian was loosing his shit pretty fast.

"Why does it sound like you blame me for the Princess turning me down?" He said, way too calmly.

"You hadn't worked hard enough to win her over." The King whispered, "And apparently, the other Prince had. It was clear to see since the start. You were the one, who caught himself up in this mess."

The words. Yeah, it hurt like a bitch.

"Although, Prince, I do want to restore our pride, just as much as you do. I am in no hurry to do so, and am not willing to risk the peace of my own Kingdom in the process."

This was not what Christian had expected. This was not what he had planned. Even though Christian was at a loss of words, he wanted to say things that were highly inappropriate to be said in front of the King.

"After I dismiss you," The King took a step closer, close enough that both of them were now eye to eye. The King stared right into his eyes as he spoke the last words, "Do wonder, whose fault the loss of your very own beloved sister was."

That was it. The King could have stabbed a knife into his chest, and it would've hurt less than these words. These words made him weak in the knees. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

"You can leave now, Christian."

Lydia was sitting down, legs crossed, on the same spot she'd sat every night since the last several months. She was looking out at the sky, and it was just interesting how anything could be so calm.

It almost had a soothing effect. And it was surprising. Her mind hadn't thought about anything that could soothe her at all. She hadn't known about anything that could calm the storm raging in her mind.

And she was aware of his presence instantly, even when he made no sound as he approached her. You kind of got used to it, she thought. She always felt him whenever he was near.

He quietly moved his legs over the window, so that one leg was dangling out, while the other remained in. Although his body was facing hers, he was looking out. At the moon.

"I guess I've stolen your little hiding hole from you." She said, and she couldn't help but smile as she caught him flash a grin at her.

The familiarity between Edgar and his sister was amazing. The way they smirked were totally identical. They could easily pass for twins, really.