Sadie x Male reader PT. 1

(Yn): "Yo, Sadie! I'm back from a mission and I'm ready for a round of coffee and dough!"

(Y/n) opened the doors to find Sadie was fast asleep during her night shift since Lars complained about having a sudden "pain" in his back again.

Sadie: "Zzz-* huh? (Y/n)? Ugggh, what time is it?"

(Yn): "It's about 12:08 AM and-"

Sadie: "WHAT!? Are you serious!? Did anybody come in the store and took donuts off the shelves without paying?"

(Y/n) jumped a bit by her sudden panic as she looked around making sure nothing got stolen. He walked towards her and calmly grabbed her shoulder making her blush as she looked at him.

(Yn): "Sadie, chill out, 'aight? No ones been here, except for Steven, I saw him grab a snack and left some cash in the register."

Sadie: "*sigh* thank goodness, thats...wait, you said you saw Steven come in? Were you...spying on me?"

(Y/n) realized what he said, immediately tried not to sweat alot for her to notice.

(Yn): "Pfft, me? Spy on you? Sadie, come on, its me, remember? We're like, best friends! I would NEVER do that!"

Sadie narrowed her eyes at him getting suspicious. He felt like he failed at being a great liar. Oh man, busted!

Sadie: "I guess it was just my imagination, I mean, I WAS asleep for awhile, my head gets foggy and can't recall what I hear all the time."

She shrugged it off, and chuckled. He sighed a relief. Y/n wasn't prepared to tell her his feelings yet. She was so cool back when Steven wasn't a crystal gem. She always laughs at him goofing around or making jokes which brightens up her day when she's depressed. She acts like a fan girl whenever she hears his stories of hanging out with the gems or fighting corrupted gem monsters using their weapons to poof and bubble them.

He also trained alot with them, learning how to use a sword, which made Sadie admire his helping to protect Beach City.

Sadie: "So you said you wanted coffee and a few donuts, right?"

He shook from his thoughts realising he was still hungry.

(Yn): "Yeah, I'd like a few glazed donuts."

He picked a random seat by the windows grinning.

Sadie: "Coming right up."

She smiles and turned around walking to the backroom to see if they're in one of the wrapped boxes but then she stops halfway making him tilt his head in confusion.

She turned her head, looking at him.

Sadie: "Hey, um, do you mind if I eat with you? I actually wanted to talk with you about something."

(Yn): "Okay?..."

Sadie rubbed the back of her neck and smiled again sheepishly, showing a little blush.

Sadie: "Its..kind of important..and private."

He smiled softly.

(Yn): "Sure thing, Sadie. I'll be sure to keep it a secret. You can always count on me, ya know."

She chuckled nervously,

Sadie: "Right, be back in a sec."

(Sadie POV)

I continued walking until I reached the backroom, searching for stocks of fresh glazed donuts.

Sadie: "I really should organize these boxes, although last time I did that, Steven caught me singing, though it won't be so bad if (y/n) hears me-"