Centipeetle x reader

"Steven, I thought we were going to train today."

He kept dragging you back to the house, eager to show you something.

"I know (y/n), but there's someone I want you to meet today!"

"What, is she a gem?"

"Well, its a bit of a yes."

You and him started to reach the front door and opened.

"Alright Steven, who could possibly be that important that I must-"

Your sentence was cut off upon seeing a creature that looked like a corrupted gem sitting by the couch drawing something. She had white hair that looked big and poofy and her face had only one eye which could be her gem, there are ripped shreds of clothes that look like a suit, her backside showed her resembling a cross between a centipeed and a bird because her mouth was shaped like a beak.

She turned away from her drawing and looked at you and Steven.

"Reeeeaaaaa!" She screeched with glee and stood up walking towards the both of you, hugging Steven.

"Hahaha! Centi, I've only been gone two whole minutes!"

You were almost freaked out by this gem but was stunned at how beautiful she looked. Wait, is she looking at me?

"(Y/n), this is Centipeetle, she's trying to learn how to speak, but its been real difficult."

She turned her attention towards you tilting her head like she was some sort of curious puppy.

You raised your hand to shake her hand feeling like screaming at how cute she looks.

"Its nice to meet you Centi."

She looked down at your hand and didn't know how to react so she immediately jumped on you, falling down on the ground giving you the biggest hug ever, nuzzling her beak under your chin.

"Whoa, have you guys already met before or-"

"What? No, why would you ask something like that?"

"Because Centi's never acted this way towards me and I thought maybe you guys were...you know.."

You immediately knew what he was gonna say.

"Steven we aren't a couple, I just MET her!"

"Maybe she still hasn't fully been healed and is still an animal."

He laughed a little, Centi still cuddling with you.

"Would you mind telling me what I'm here for?"

"Well, I'm going to be on a mission with the Crystal Gems, and I need someone to help teach her how to spell and talk."

You sighed knowing that he needed a sub to fill in for him

"Alright Steven, but you better reward me something for this."

He smiled and joined in for a hug. Feeling like you couldn't breathe, you tried speaking.

"Okay, that's enough huggies."

He waved me and Centipeetle goodbye as he started running out the door.

"Okay, Centi do you mind letting go of me?"

She let go and sat back down to continue drawing, she made hand gestures wanting me to join her. Guess she really wants someone to hangout with knowing Steven won't be back for awhile.

(One hour later)

Its been fun being with Centi, I taught her how to speak english, she's getting the hang of it...almost.

A few minutes ago she tried eating one of the crayons that was green like her, boy was that tough trying to explain to her its not space food or whatever gems call it.

Right now she seemed to be looking over her work while I was secretly sketching her. Its strange I know, but literally there was nothing else to do.

She looked at me with curious eyes or EYE, wondering what I was up to.

"RaaAAaa?"  I noticed she wanted to see what I was drawing.

"Oh this? I'm just making a little doodle of you, wanna see?"

She nodded her head with happiness, eager to see your work. She grabbed your drawing and her face went from happy to excited. It was a half finished sketch of Centi, it looked like her but her face I drew to look human.

"M-ee-EE-ee?"  She asked me almost sounded like human speech.

"Yeah, well, I kinda thought of what your face would look as a human, so I drew it up."

She kept looking at the drawing and started tearing up.

"Whoa, Centi! What's wrong? I'm sorry if I-"

She looked at me shaking her head assuring me nothing was wrong and kept staring at the drawing of her face.

Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"You wished you were a normal gem again, huh?"

She nodded her head turning away from me and sat down covering her face, whimpering.

I got down on my knees down to her level.

"Centipeetle, look at me."

She started turning her head to look at your face, her eye still welling up with tears. You put both of your hands wiping them away from her gem.

"It doesn't matter what you turned into all those years ago, you are still you. You still have your memories of who you are. You look pefect still, corrupted gem or not."

Centi was abit shocked at your words and immediately buried her face onto your chest, you, surprised by her actions, wrapped your arms around her, running your fingers up and down her hair.

"To me Centipeetle, you look beautiful."

(Hours later at night time)

Steven and the gems have returned from their mission.

"(Y/n), Centi! We're back! Did you guys have a fun-"

They all stopped upon seeing an adorable Centipeetle resting on top of a sleeping (y/n) on the couch with drawings everywhere.

Pearl was amazed at how well you handled the job of watching her.

"I think we should wake them up and-"

"Let them sleep." Garnet said, grinning while adjusting her visors.

"Are you sure Garnet? That looks like a weird sleeping position for (y/n) to be in."

Amethyst took a picture, quietly laughing. "Lets wait till morning to see how (y/n)'ll react seeing Centi and them sleeping together."

"Amethyst, I said we should let them sleep, not embarras them."

She groaned, "Aw man, well at least I got something to show Vidalia."

She snickered as she ran off with the photo she took.

Steven tip toed grabbing all the piles of doodles, it looked liked they were having some sort of drawing war.

He smiled at one of the drawings that showed Centi and (y/n) holding hands together.

Steven took one more look at her resting on them, a smile was showing a little on her beak as she held them closer to her.

(The End) :)