Chapter 8

"Pass Kellin the ball," the coach yelled from the sidelines,"He's wide open."

Let's get one thing straight, I don't do balls.

Like man balls, sure, but not those other balls. Like soccer balls or footballs, or in this case, basketballs.

Luckily for me, the kid ignored the coach and shot the ball into the basket.

"Quinn," the coach yelled after he dismissed everyone to change,"Come here."

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and jogged up to him,"Yeah."

"You need to learn to be more of a team player."

I sighed,"Coach, I really did try. I'm just not really into the whole sports and sweat thing. It's not my thing. Ask Vic. That's his thing, not mine."

The coach smiled at me and patted me on the shoulder,"Sometimes, I wonder how you two are even friends. Go ahead and change."

I ran into the locker room and changed out of my sweaty gym clothes before getting pulled into the arms of the one and only Victor Fuentes.

"Hello," he said, cheekily.

"Hey hot stuff," I replied back, kissing him quickly.

He pinned me against the wall and ran his hand down my thigh.

His lips captured my own before we were violently forces away from each other by the homophobic, asshole Justin Lang.

"Damn, Quinn," he said,"I didn't think that you played basketball like a fag because you were one."

I rolled my eyes.

The originality.

Even though I was more than okay with just letting him spit out your stereotypical homophobic comments, Vic decided to take action.

"Do you have a fucking problem Lang?"

"Yes," he replied back, poking Vic's chest,"I don't like the fact that you fucking fags are in the boys locker room making out. It's disgusting."

Vic pulled off his jacket,"Call me or my boyfriend those fucking names one more time and I will literally knock your teeth in."

"It's not worth it," I said,"Just walk away."

"Yeah," Justin said,"Listen to him Fuentes. Take your fag ass and walk away."

I watched as Justin looked Vic up and down and landed on his arms.

Vic was wearing a short sleeve shirt today, originally with a jacket, but since he took it off, you could very clearly see the scars on his arms.

I jumped in front of him to try and cover it, but I was too late.

"Oh look," Justin called out,"He's an emo fag."

I felt Vic's muscles tense and I took his hands into my own,"Just ignore it. Please? For me?"

I trailed my hand up his chest and to his face so he would look at me,"Please?"

Vic picked up his jacket and turned to walk out of the locker room with me, until-

"That's probably what happened to his brother. He figured out that he was an emo fag, just like his big brother and offed himself right there."

Vic did a complete three sixty and punched Justin square in the jaw.

"You fucking asshole," Vic yelled, attempting to get more blows in, but by then, the coach had heard the ruckus.

"What is going on in here?" He asked, pushing the boys away from each other with separate arms.

Nobody said a word.

Vic grit his teeth together and grabbed his backpack, storming out the door.

A huge chatter erupted in the locker room, boys yelling about the fight, some yelling at me, other's threatening Justin.

"Why the hell would you say something like that to him? That was his fucking brother!" One guy, Oli, said.

"Sykes," Coach warned,"Calm down."

I stood there for another moment, listening to what was happening before I realized that I should probably go find Vic before he did something stupid.

When the bell rang, I rushed out of the locker room, first going to Vic's next class to see if he had just gone there.

No luck.

I rushed out and went to his locker, but once again, he wasn't there.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on Vic's contact name.

It rang for a couple of moments while I begged and begged for him to pick up.

"Kel-Kellin?"

Oh thank God.

"Vic, where are you?" I asked.

"I went home. Was what he said true? Did Mikey kill himself to get away from me?" He blubbered.

"Oh my gosh, no. Vic, it was an accident. Mike loved you. He wouldn't have done that. Listen, I'm going to come over. Please don't do anything you'll regret later."

"Hurry, Kells," he said.

I ran out of the school, not even bothering to call the office and tell them I was leaving. I just needed to get to Vic and that's all that mattered.

Down the street and finally to his house.

I guess Vic left the door open, because when I got there, the door was unlocked and I easily allowed myself in.

I went straight to Vic's room and leaned in the doorway.

"Hey baby," I said sadly.

He was sitting in the chair to his desk, staring at a small razor blade.

"Vic..."

I walked over to him and took the blade, placing wrapping it in a tissue that he had on the desk and put it in my pocket.

I straddled his lap and kissed his forehead.

"It wasn't your fault, Vic. Justin is just an ass. He didn't know you, or me, or Mike. He was just saying that because he knew it would make you upset. Don't give him that benefit."

Vic put his hands on my hips and rubbed slow circles into them.

"I love you," I said, kissing him.

He kissed back, feverishly and pulled me closer to him.

"Baby?" He asked,"Is it okay if we...?"

I nodded.

He picked me up and I bit at his bottom lip, tugging lightly.

He walked me over to the bed, lying me down, hands running up my shirt.

"Is this okay?" He asked.

"It's more than okay," I replied, running my hands through his brown, wavy hair,"I want this."

He continued to lock his lips with my own as his hands traveled up more torso, pulling my shirt off.

As soon as it was lying on the bed next to me, he stepped back and took of his own clothing.

Me, being the awkward person I am, had trouble getting my button undone due to the shakiness of my hands.

This was ridiculous.

I had known Vic for so long and I trusted him.

He was my best friend and he would never hurt me.

I slid off the bed until my knees hit the floor.

"Kells, we don't have to," Vic said, but I cut him off.

"I want to. I love you and I trust you."