Chapter 7

"Can you believe it's almost Christmas?" Kaitlin asked me while Vic and I were cuddling on the couch.

I shook my head,"It feels like just yesterday Vic asked me to be his boyfriend, and that was in October."

Kait rolled her eyes,"I know. I know. He brought you to the store to get Halloween costumes and said,'We should go as Harley Quinn and the Joker' and you said,'That's a coupley costume choice.' And he said,'Well then we should be a couple. Kellin Quinn, will you be the Harley to my Joker?' Yeah yeah. You guys are cute. We get it."

"Jealous much," Vic asked with a laugh.

"Yes," Kait pouted,"Like, why would Raymond break up with me. I'm not boring right?"

Vic made a snoring sound and I hit his stomach,"Not nice."

"Yeah, fuck you Vic," Kait said, standing up to leave.

"I don't get fucked," Vic said,"I do the fucking."

"I should have figured you were the top in the relationship. Kellin's more feminine."

"Am not," I pouted with a blush.

"Are too," Vic said, kissing my forehead.

I snuggled into his chest as he played with my hair.

"I'm just going to give up on boys. All the good ones are either taken or gay. Or taken and gay. Yes Vic, I'm looking at you," Kait huffed, picking up her blanket off the couch.

"I'm flattered, baby girl," Vic said.

"I'm going upstairs," she said,"To wallow in self pity."

"Don't cry too loudly," I told her.

She turned around and walked down the hall, flipping me off as she left.

"Christmas is really close," I said to my boyfriend,"That means Mikey's birthday is even closer."

I felt Vic's heart start racing as he sighed,"Uh, yeah. His birthday is tomorrow. He would have been seventeen."

I took Vic's hand and squeezed it,"I know. Do you want to go to the cemetery tomorrow and put flowers down?"

"Yeah. I think he'd like that," Vic said before bringing our hands to his lips and kissing mine.

/-/

"Kell," my dad called from downstairs,"Vic's here."

"I'm coming," I called back.

I pulled a beanie over my head and pulled on Vic's oversized sweatshirt.

It was really cold outside. There was snow on the ground and in the air, plus the wind was blowing something fierce.

As I came down the stairs, my mom frowned,"Do you think you'll need something a little heavier than a sweatshirt?"

"We're just going to the cemetery," I shrugged,"I'll be fine."

My mom nodded and gave me a bouquet of flowers as Vic stood up from where he was sitting with my parents.

"This one is from us. Give Mike my best," she said.

I nodded and took Vic's hand,"I will. I'll probably go over to Vic's afterwards."

"No problem. Tell Viv I said hi."

With that, Vic and I made our way to the cemetery where Mike was buried.

It didn't take long to find his tombstone.

It was one of the newer looking ones in the surrounding grey and white that were crumbling to pieces.