Prolouge

{Ellie's POV}
I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a boy holding a baseball bat against my head.
"Who are you?!" He screams while his whole body is shaking. In panic I crawl backwards trying to get away from him, and at the same time I start to look around trying to understand where I am.
"I said who are you!" He screams even higher and raises his baseball bat, ready to strike at my head.
"I, I don't know!" I scream back at him, still trying to crawl away from him. Then my back hits something and when I look around I see that I've hit a wall. The blonde boy slowly starts to walk against me. I could tell that he was thinking about whether or not he was gonna hit me. Then he drops the bat and takes something out of his pocket.
"What is this then?" He asks and gives me little letter. I take the letter out of his hand and start to read it, but nothing in it makes sense.
"Don't ask me, I know as little as you do" I stutter, scared by the fact that I actually know nothing about what is going on. I look around and find myself sitting against the wall of something that seems to be a big elevator of some kind. There are boxes piled up everywhere, and it is almost absolute darkness. Some boxes has tipped over, so there's some clothes and foods of some kind laying on the floor. Then it hits me what I had said to the boy,"I know as little as you do". In fact, I have no idea who this guy is. Rapidly I pick up the baseball bat from the floor and swing it against him. It doesn't hit him, but the chock makes him stumble down to the floor.
"Who the heck are you then?" I say in a fierce voice, in an attempt to take control of the situation.
"Calm down! I'm..." he doesn't get the chance to finish his sentence before there is a huge bump, making us both lose our balance. It felt as if we hit something really big, but I still keep my eyes on the boy. Then there is a loud sound, something that sounds like metal clasping against metal. I feel how it starts sip in light into the elevator and I cover my sight with my free hand, since my eyes aren't used to the bright light. Then I start to hear voices, talking and whispering to each other. The room is all lit up now and I can see that the boy on the floor is staring straight up, looking more scared than ever. As I look up, my brain stops for a second. Above me there is about 20 boys staring down at me, every single one of them with their mouth opened, as if they've never seen a girl before. Then I remember that this might be a weird sight for them. Here I am in some kind of elevator pointing a baseball bat against a boy's head. Two of the boys breaks the silence as they move forward and get down with their hands for me and the other boy to reach. One boy had dark beautiful skin and the other one had black hair and an Asian look. The asian boy gives me his hand and smirks a bit, but I just look up at him all confused. Out of the corner of my eye I notice how the boy next to me starts to climb up, so I decide to grab the asian boy's hand and start pulling myself out of the elevator.
As I get up, the first thing I see is boys. Young boys with questioning looks everywhere and all of them kept their eyes on me. I look at the boy who was in the elevator with me and I can see that he somehow had taken back the letter. He notices me staring down at his hand, wich makes him panic.
"She had this in her pocket!" He screams as he points at me and throws the letter at the boys. In that moment I do maybe the most stupid thing I ever could have done. I run. Without any doubt I sprint out of the crowd of boys, and only seconds later i hear how they start coming after me. Just as I'm about to look back, i stumble into someone and we both fall to the ground.
"S, Sorry!" I stutter as I try to get back on my feet again. The boy i stumbled into then grabs my hand with a firm grip.
"Hey calm down! What's going on?" He says, while he's trying to keep me from running away.
"Get off me!" I scream back at him, still trying to get back up.
"They're chasing me, I need to get away!" I scream while I'm struggling to get out of his grip.
"Nobody's chasing you! Just calm down and let me talk to you" he answers while he slowly stands up. I manage to shake my hand out of his and I turn around to see the boy. He has auburn blonde hair and he's quite tall. I then snap back to reality and see how the crowd of boys has stopped running just bit away from us. Just as I'm about to run away again, the boy pulls me into a tight hug.
"Please just calm down! Let me talk to you." He says as he starts patting my back. I stand there, feeling all petrified with no idea what to do. He then pulls me back and puts his hands on my shoulders, and stares right into my eyes.
"I'm Newt." He says with a thick British accent.
"Uhhh I'm Ellie I think..." I answer him, and I notice how he smiles a bit.