Nightmares

Skylar Pov. 

I listened as Derek's engine purred down the highway towards our apartment. Keeping myself eased under this tense awkward silence. I glanced over at Derek who had an intense gaze on the road. I nervously bit my lip and turned to look out of the window, watching the trees race by as we drove. Nothing could be worse than this silence. Nothing. A big part of me hates having this silence, I have no idea where this feeling is coming from or why it keeps happening. Whenever something isn't right between us it feels like my heart dropped to my stomach making me feel like someone punched me in the gut. I hate this feeling. Derek suddenly cleared his throat breaking the silence. I turned back to him instantly. 

" I want to apologize for last night. I know I was out of line, I just-" 

" No no, its totally okay. Forgave and forgotten." I gave him a small smile. I'v never been the one to hold gurdges, well exept with Kathrine. Derek tore his eyes off the road and looked curiously at me, like as if he was searching for something. I ignored it and kept talking, trying not to fill the car with another awkward silence. 

" It means you care." I paused making sure what I'm saying makes since. " Well, not care, but at least I can trust you." I smirked at him. Derek rose his eyebrows and glanced at me. 

" What? Are you saying you trust me?" Derek asked surprised. I paused, thinking about it. Do I trust him? I turned and studied his face for a moment.  No of course not. There was a slight pain in my chest as I thought it, but it was true. 

" Well, no." I answered. Derek looked a little hurt, but like always he covers it with a scowl. 

" But it defiantly means your trustworthy." I reassured. Derek snorted then leaned over and turned the radio on so the car wouldn't be filled with silence. Thank god. As we stopped at a stop light a song came on that I knew what it was in an instant. Taylor Swift. Not being able to bear it just after a minute of playing, I scoffed then leaned over to change the channel. I leaned back in my seat and rested my head on the window, suddenly feeling drained. 

" So where am I going?" Derek asked. I popped my head up looking around at where we were. We were about a block away from the apartment. 

" Go straight, past the next stoplight, then take your first right." I explained pointing in front of us. 

We pulled up to our building at 2:00am. Derek quickly got out of the car and I followed. I walked around to the front of the car and paused in front of Derek. He looked at the building and his eyes frurrowed in confusion. 

" I have lived in Beacon Hills all my life and have never seen this building before in my life." Derek turned to me with a questioning look. 

" That's our keepers for ya." I shrugged. All of the sudden Issac pulled up and parked behind us. I snapped my head and watched him get out of the car. He looked at the building and scoffed. 

" This dump has enough room for all of us?" Issac chuckled, then turned to the back of his car pulling out all their belongings. 

" Oh, you'll be surprised." I mumbled under my breath as I rolled my eyes.

I made my way towards the front  door leaving Derek and Issac to grab all their stuff. I pulled out my keys from my leather jacket and unlocked the door. I opened it wide for Derek and Issac to walk through. As soon as the guys walked through the door they gasped and looked all around the apartment. They both turned their heads in sink giving me a questioning look. Seriously what do they want from me. I held back a growl of annoyance. 

" The keepers like to make things what they don't seem to be." I shrugged. " They're really twisted bitches actually." I mumbled the last part under my breath trying not to be heard. Issac just turned back around and started exploring the main floor, not noticing what I said. Derek just sat there staring at me with a confused scowl on his face. I met his bright green eyes and scowled trying to find some sort of emotion, but found nothing. He is really frustrating. Realizing I was starring and I cleared my throat awkwardly.