Betrayed

LJust a warning but you should see the 2nd season of teen wolf to understand the story better. Also all the teen wolf characters are the same.

Skylar Pov.

Obnoxious beeping brought me out of a deep peaceful sleep. My eyes fluttered open. I laid there staring at the ceiling,my body aching and telling me not to move.  Looking over at my annoying alarm clock buzzing and flashing 4:00 am. Groaning while rolling out of bed I hit my alarm clock off a little too hard than I should have, cracking the screen. Emmett and I have been assigned the morning patrol. I used to love our late night patrol, the forrest would be sound asleep and you could hear the faintest of noises, not to mention the deer wonders to the Bloodshade territory at night for grazing. My brother and I would feel snackish and have a late night hunt. Now the keepers switched our patrol times because one night we crossed paths with not a morning person and never will. straight to my closet trying to find something comfortable to wear for my patrol with Emmett. I decided on a black sports bra and black workout shorts. Flipping my my bathroom light on I pulled my reddish brown hair into a messy bun. My shoes were sitting in front of my bedroom door, but I think I'll go barefoot today.

I quickly run downstairs and turn into the kitchen to find Emmett sitting at the table eating a bagel and drinking some coffee. Hoping he left some for me I walk over to the counter and poured myself a mug full. I sat next to him letting the coffee warm my insides.

"How do you drink it like that?" he asked looking down at my black coffee with disgust written all over his face.

"What? I like it bitter and nice hair by the way, you'll have all the bachelorettes running for the hills." I smirk up at his crazier than usual bedhead.

"Hey!" he pouts and tries to smooth his jet black hair down but doesn't work too well.

We turned our heads as we heard pounding footsteps coming down the stairs. A large, tall well set man with huge bags under his eyes, and in a white tank top and pajama pants comes into the kitchen. Even in his pajamas he still looks like an intimidating alpha. He is also the best alpha anyone can ask for. He is caring and very devoted to the Bloodshade pack. Unlike Alexander Hackle, I spit his name in my mind. He is the alpha of the Bane pack, our rivals. They live and patrol the other side of the mountain. Him and my dad do not get along at all. I haven't met him but from what I've heard he is the worst alpha ever.

"Hey dad!" Me and Emmett say in unison.

"Long patrol last night?" I asked.

"No, just couldn't sleep that's all." He said while pouring some coffee in a mug. He looks over at the clock on the stove.

"Hey, you guys should probably go, don't want to be late and upset the keepers now."

Emmett and I paled and looked at each other, we definitely didn't want to upset them. In fact I don't even want to think about them right now. Yesterday I accidentally let our biggest secret slip out to a human that I am very close with. If the keepers found out I broke their number one law they would go ballistic! They would probably lock me in a dungeon with a wrath or kill me, or even worse! I shook the thought from my head. We got up from the table and threw our mugs into the sink with a loud crash. My dad winced.

"Shhhhh! Guys be quiet, your mother and the twins are still sleeping." he shouted in a whisper.

"Sorry alpha." I lowered my head in respect while following Emmett out the door.

We went out on the porch, I paused, closing my eyes taking a deep breath taking in the scent of fresh air and hearing the animals scurrying off into the bushes. I heard the sound of a twig breaking. My eyes snapped open something didn't feel right. I slowly looked around and started sniffing the air. I didn't smell anything unusual,but something was off..... it felt like someone was watching me. I shook off the feeling and turned to see a very large black wolf cocking his head with his ears perked up staring at me, his big blue eyes were filled with curiosity. I quickly shifted and shook my reddish brown ruff.

What's the matter? Emmett asked in our mind link. He looked around us before turning back to me.

Nothing. I hesitated before trotting near the trees with Emmett following.

Sure, I'll just pretend to believe that. He playfully nipped my ankles and I let out a yelp and turned to glare at him but to only have him stick out his tongue to the side in a wolf grin in response.

You have been really tense lately. Is something wrong? He cocked his head, no longer grinning at me.

Nothing is wrong. Now come on we need to quicken the pace. I turned and headed in a full sprint up the mountain, leaving him in the dust. I really don't want to talk about this now.

It was a very intense patrol, I still couldn't shake off the feeling that something is wrong. It is probably about 8:00 am when we started racing back to the house. Emmett was hot on my heels, I suddenly catch a scent of smoke. I suddenly stop dead in my tracks causing Emmett to smack into me.

What the hell? He snapped very annoyed. I ignored the grumpiness, not really feeling like getting into an argument.

Do you smell that? I asked. Emmett lifted his muzzle and tested the air.

Yeah smoke, now come on Sky I want to go home. He started to trot ahead but stopped and perked his ears up.

You hear that? He asked I perked my ears up too and could hear the faint sound of sirens.

Yeah. I said kind of alarmed. All of the sudden Emmett started sprinting towards the house with me following right on his flank. Right as we got to the edge of the clearing, I caught another scent.

Wait! Emmett wait!!!!! I screamed in his mind. He suddenly stopped and turned to face me.

What! He snarled and showed his canines.

We have to shift back, there are humans out there! I snarled back and glared at him.

The black wolf turned into a large teenage guy with jet black hair wearing black basketball shorts without a shirt glaring at me. I followed suit and shifted back. We stood there glaring at each other. I know I am not backing down from this stare down, he is trying to show dominance, but we both know I am more dominant than him. His ego is just bigger than normal since the keepers said he is going to be the alpha of the new Nightshade pack. Some more sirens blew which made me come out of my thoughts and out of our little battle.

We ran to our house which was now burnt to the ground. I suddenly couldn't breathe as we stood there frozen above four body bags. I look around to see all three keepers that look pissed, yelling at policemen and firefighters. Lots of the members of the packs were screaming and crying.

"Nooo!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Everyone stopped at stared at me and Emmett, I looked around the clearing making eye contact with everyone. All the pack members gave us looks full of loss. I felt a huge knot in my stomach, I fell to the ground and started puking with tears running down my cheeks. Emmett knelt down and rubbed my back which only made me puke even more.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked up and and met eyes with Kate by the tree line behind everyone else. I tried calling her name but there was ahuge lump coaght in my throught and nothing came out. She looked different, really different. She had on a black leather jacket, usually she would wear sweet sweaters and deniem jeans. Usually she had a nice sweet smile that always make you smile but this one was devilish grin on her face, almost looking like a sycopath.

Giant guns were strapped on her back, I didn't even know she knew had to shoot a fun. I squinted to see what she was holding. My whole world stopped and started to spin in slow motion. I saw her waving lighter fluid mockingly in her hands and laughing. Something inside of me snapped, I started shaking with rage. I started making my way towards her but Emmett was holding me in too tight of an embrace to move while sobbing into my back. She laughed even harder and climbed into a black SUV and drove off. All of the sudden I felt light headed and fell back to the ground and was surrounded by darkness.

Please let me know how it is!!! I want to know if I need to make some changes, I accept any type of feedback lol I don't care if it's positive or negitive, I just want to make the story better :) Thanks for reading!!!