Jackson Troubles

Skylar Pov.

I parked the jeep outside the preserve gate and slammed the car door behind me. I quickly climbed over the fence and shifted as I jumped to the ground, landing on my four paws with ease. I sprinted through the woods for a ways ten suddenly realized I have no idea where they exactly are. I paused lifting my muzzle and letting out a short howl signaling to the rest of my pack. I perked up my ears and waited for a response. Not long after I heard a short low howl coming from the northeast, not too far from me. I sprinted towards the howl turning dirt in my wake and loving the feeling of the cool evening breeze through my coat. 

I could start to hear the faint mumbling of the groups conversation. I slowed my pace, my paws padding silently in the dirt and fallen leaves. I think it's time for payback. As the conversations grew lounder I moved more stealthy in the treeline that surrounded the others. This is going to be so sweet. I peeked through some bushes at everyone in the clearing, scoping my target who was in human form flirting with his mate. I crouched down with my hackles raised, letting a soft low growl rumble in my chest. Everyone that was non-human immediately stopped their conversations and looked around them cautiously. I locked my eyes on my target and hurled out the bushes jumping on his back and tackling him to the ground. 

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" He screamed and looked up at me horrified unable to react. I quickly stuck out my tounge and covered him in the biggest wettest licks I could muster. I jumped off him shifting back in human form grinning cockily. 

" Why the hell would you do that to me!!! You nearly gave me a heart attack!!" Zack jumped to his feet whipping slobber from his face glaring at me. 

" Payback is a bitch." I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest. 

" Damn dude she really scared you." Riley said between laughter. 

" Okay sorry to spoil the fun  and games but can we get serious agian, please. God it's like all of you are puppies." Stiles yelled sarcastically. All of our grins quickly faded and turned to Siles giving him a cold hard stare. 

" Hey, easy on the dog jokes. Or I'll come over there rip out your tongue and shove it down your throat." Riley growled slowly walking over to the now frightened human. I quickly walked over to Riley and put my hand on his huge chest. 

" No. We have orders. No one touches the human. Even though he badly deserves it." I pushed him back a couple of steps then turned and scowled at Stiles. 

" Okay enough!" Emmett have us all the look to behave and turned to Scott, Stiles and Allison. I havn't even noticed her presence until I took a second look around the group. I kept my icy cold stare on her while the others talked. We can't trust her, she is with the hunters who are now hunting us and staring to get in the way of everything. Allison kept her eyes on Scott and Emmett clearly avoiding my gaze. 

" Danny's tablet wasn't in the car, which means that's why Jackson went after him at the club. He was trying to get the tablet." Scott explained to the rest of the group. 

" But if Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, then he's defiantly not going to remember stealing the tablet." Tyler pointed out. 

" Why would he steal the thing when he doesn't know what's even on it?" Stiles snapped. I could hear the frustration in his voice. 

" What if someone else took it? What if Jackson was supposed to be the distraction?" Kathrine suggested. We all looked around at each other.

" Then somebody else knows what he is." Emmett thought out loud. 

" Which means someone is probably protecting him!" Scott looked a little relieved at the thought. But why would someone protect him? I don't see the motive here. My brow furrowed as I looked down at the ground.