ix. you're a better person

Start from the beginning

     To: Scotty
     Hi to you too, wolfy. We can talk after Peter and I have
     a chat. Who knows how long that's going to take. I'll
     call you later.

     ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: Liam

     From: Liam
     Hey, Sti. Hayden and I are worried about you. Can we
     meet up later?

     To: Liam
     Hey, Liam. Sure we can meet up. Why's everyone worried
     about me? First Peter, then Scott, and now you. What the
     hell is going on?

     From: Liam
     Peter's worried too? Wow. That must be major. Though I
     do know for a fact that what Hayden and I are worried
     about has nothing to do with what they're worried about.

     To: Liam
     Okay. That's a slight relief. I'll message you later. I have to
     message Ethan, and then call Peter because he's worried
     and being bossy.

     ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: Alpha Twin #1

     From: Alpha Twin #1
     Hey, Stiles. I know that we haven't really gotten along in
     the past, but I was wondering if you wanted to meet up
     later?

     From: Alpha Twin #1
     It is just a suggestion. You don't have to if you don't want
     to.

     To: Alpha Twin #1
     Hey, Ethan. No, it's a great idea. I'll message you after I've
     met up with Liam and Hayden, and then Scott, and after
     I've called Peter. They're all worried about something.

     To: Creepy Petey
     Just come over. I can't be bothered calling you.

     From: Creepy Petey
    I had the feeling. I'm outside. Open the window.

     I look up and see Peter looking at me through the window. I get off the bed and unlock the window, allowing Peter to open it and climb inside. The former Alpha closes the window and sits at my desk, facing me. I barely notice that the wolf is staring at me until I look up from my phone and meet the bright blue gaze of the Beta, my eyes going wide at the sight.

     "What are you giving me your eyes for?" I ask warily. "Is there something wrong?"

     Peter blinks, but his eyes remain the same. "There is, but, I'm not sure if I should tell you that part."

     "Anyway, I can tell this is about Ethan. So, get talking. Tell me to stay away from the big bad ex-Alpha that tried to kill me, and threatened to as well."

     "Actually, I was going to say the opposite. Ethan told me some things last night, and I am going to tell you that you would be better off staying close to him. There is a danger in Beacon Hills, and the Pack believes that you should stay close to one of us at all times."

     "So, you think that Ethan is the best bet?"

     "Yes, actually."

     I rub my eyes and fall back onto my bed, causing my phone to go flying. It hits the ground and a crack resonates through the small room. I only let out a groan, not moving to pick up my possibly further broken phone, and cover my face with a pillow. I ignore the sound of footsteps, and jump when someone sits on my bed. The pillow gets pulled off my face and I realise that it is Peter - Peter with a concerned expression on his face.

     Just seeing the look in Peter's eyes makes me break down. I start sobbing and feel arms wrap themselves around my frail body. I don't fight them, I, instead, bury myself in them and struggle to breathe, my breathing rapid and my heart racing much faster than normal. I feel so out of control, so broken and so weak, and I know that I am. I am just a Human. 

     The boy who runs with wolves.

     "Breathe, Stiles," Peter says soothingly, patting me lightly on the back. "It's okay. You just need to breathe."

     I sob. "I'm so weak. I can't even control myself."

     "You're not weak. You're the strongest person in the Pack. You may be human, but you're one of the strongest people I know."

     "I almost lost it again.. I was so close, Peter."

     "You didn't though. You fought against it. It's alright. You did it."

     "I... I want Ethan."

     "He's already on his way. I messaged him as soon as I got here. I had the feeling that you would break down right in front of me."

     "Thank you. You're a good friend, Peter. You're a better person than everyone else believes. They all think you're still the monster that tried to kill me."